Page 120 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3403
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #2381  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    The animated GIFs look downright craptacular using the stock messaging backgrounds. I've installed a Messaging SCRIM patch, and created some new, transparent message bubbles.

I post them here for others who may find them helpful.
    I have posted some transparent bubbles in a post here somewhere.
    I will find them and update this post. k

Transparent Bubbles for Messaging
    http://forums.precentral.net/2583675-post2260.html

Updated first post it reflect this info.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 08/03/2010 at 10:42 AM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Thanx for the update back to black font....i can see my texts again.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    is the "just messaging" patch on page 1 white or black font? thinking of doing the single patches on page 1 instead of the preware 3 in 1 patch....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  4.    #2384  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    is the "just messaging" patch on page 1 white or black font? thinking of doing the single patches on page 1 instead of the preware 3 in 1 patch....
    White font

in the patch
    #fff OR #ffffff =white
    #000 OR #000000 = black

HTML Color Picker

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Sorry if I was not so Accurate. It's hard to try and tell knowledgeable users from noobs.
    I do the best I can.
    S'all good. I really appreciate the patch. I'm just trying to be very clear for all who come after me.
    White font

in the patch
    #fff OR #ffffff =white
    #000 OR #000000 = black

HTML Color Picker
    where does the patch reside in the device? assuming i can edit with internalz, yes?
    I'll add that if your background turned white, then the patch installed, so it is something wrong with gif that is causing the problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Again, I have an understanding of computers. I do NOT have an understanding of how patches are programmed. Perhaps the patch was designed to assume any file it reads is a GIF. I didn't know. That is why I asked. I also got VERY specific directions in return, which I followed.

I don't know why you are assuming I don't know about file types. I asked. I got a response. This isn't about assumptions. I have been very clear. I have followed directions. The directions were clear. I followed them. They didn't work. I reported what did work. Isn't that what these forums are for?

Again, I followed the instructions to the letter. They are not accurate. I am trying to ensure that others don't have to go the same troubleshooting process as myself.

It isn't like I have on 'Hide Known File Types' in Explorer.

Maybe I'm showing my age. I've been a member here for almost 10 years. I seem to remember the forums being a little more polite back in the day. Saying, 'not to sound like a jerk' does not give you carte blanche to do just that.

Back off.
    I do believe that warlord's original intent with those posts was to try to prevent people from ending up with something named animatedbg.gif.gif or the like, however, you are correct, the way he worded it can be confusing for those not really computer savvy that may stumble on it in the future.

Nice of you to post to try to clear it up for people.
    wow.....i emailed myself the messaging patch from page 1, opened it with internalz, and since the code is displayed, edited the font color from white to black before installing and it worked....being able to customize patches a bit before installing really opens up new doors......
    Warlord,

Thanks for making this patch. Its awesome. But I am not sure if I did everything right. I took a animated gif I found on Google images, saved it and renamed it animatedbg as you said. Then I moved it from my laptop to the wallpapers folder (not .wallpapers) and rebooted.

The animated gif appears perfectly as a background but I thought it was going to be the main background wallpaper. Why did it show up in Messages?
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Warlord,

Thanks for making this patch. Its awesome. But I am not sure if I did everything right. I took a animated gif I found on Google images, saved it and renamed it animatedbg as you said. Then I moved it from my laptop to the wallpapers folder (not .wallpapers) and rebooted.

The animated gif appears perfectly as a background but I thought it was going to be the main background wallpaper. Why did it show up in Messages?
    main wallpaper is unable to be animated at this time.....if you installed the preware patch it will animate messaging, music player and phone apps
  12.    #2392  
    S'all good. I really appreciate the patch. I'm just trying to be very clear for all who come after me.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I do believe that warlord's original intent with those posts was to try to prevent people from ending up with something named animatedbg.gif.gif or the like, however, you are correct, the way he worded it can be confusing for those not really computer savvy that may stumble on it in the future.

Nice of you to post to try to clear it up for people.
    If you go to first post. I updated the help link with pics.
    See if this looks ok.

13.    #2393  
    I don't know what to do.
    should i make a video on how to install this?
    Or just have them remove the patch from Preware.

14.    #2394  
    In testing now

What do you think?

i have not got a wallpapers folder?
    i just have the .wallpapers folder?
    when you rename ur ****.gif to animatedbg I noticed I can't view the newly renamed gif. Idk if that's how it is when you rename a gif its not viewable anymore since it doesn't have .gif at the end of animatedbg. Cuz my patch is installed but no animation I tried troubleshooting but nothing. Jus thougt maybe is the way I rename the ****.gif? Should I put .gif after animatedbg?
  17.    #2397  
    animatedbg.gif not animatedbg.gif.gif
    I just installed the animated patch on my pre n for some reason when I open preware it says that I hav no patches or anything except the animated background patch that I installed, but all my patches are still on my phone does anyone have a solution as to y this happened n how to fix it?
    As seen in the video. Transparent Chat Balloons.

Extract zip file to your computers desk top.

You need to send images to your Pre with WebOS Quickinstall to:
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\images\chatview\
    Warlord9159, do i use the linux command line for this? if so what command? and how do i reverse this if i uninstall the animated background patch??
    Thanx
    If you go to first post. I updated the help link with pics.
    See if this looks ok.
    Looks good to me! Makes it very clear on what to do! :-)