Page 119 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3403
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Thats the patch from Preware. "animated-phone-Messaging-musicplayer-bg.patch"
    Try to re-install the patch, reboot then remove the patch.
    It sounds like the patch is installed, but the gif image has been
    deleted, removed, renamed or moved.
    one problem, cant find that patch now
  2.    #2362  
    Quote Originally Posted by suhbuhyo View Post
    one problem, cant find that patch now

This is the old patch
    If the messaging text is red then you found an old patch some where in a posts here.

Or did you install my theme?
    Try to remove the theme.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 08/03/2010 at 02:05 AM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Name your image; animatedbg Not this; animatedbg.gif
    Put it in wallpapers folder.

Did your back grounds change from palm default?
    If so, the patch installed.

Check name of file. "animatedbg" no caps and no space between letters.
    Check folder. "wallpapers" not ".wallpapers"
    Un-install and re-install patch, but do not remove image from folder.
    Reboot your phone.

If all this did not fix the patch, you can try to remove your theme if installed and the patch,
    reboot, install patch then reboot again. hopefully this fix it.

I hope this helped you in getting this patch to work.

Originally Posted by suhbuhyo
    hey warlord this is weird on my phone. i have no more animated patches or anything on my phone, or messaging or launcher anymore, and my messaging is white with red text, and my phone is all blacked out(but all still very visible), and my music player is all white and i cant read the text. idk what happened? and theres no patches like those to uninstall. for the music i just use music remix, but still.

If That is the patch from Preware. "animated-phone-Messaging-musicplayer-bg.patch"
    Try to re-install the patch, reboot then remove the patch.

And it sounds like the patch is installed, but the gif image has been
    deleted, re-named or moved.

Also, it sounds like you had my Animated theme installed from Prethemer.
    If so, Try to remove the theme.
    still need help lol, see you got my newest message tho
    well what the prob seems to be is something with an ipk error or something. i cant install themes thru preware or quick install. and i have no themes(at least it shows none) on my phone. so idk what to do. i had your themes and i thought i took them off
    am i gonna have to doctor my phone? or reset to factory settingss, then just redo apps and stuff?
  6.    #2366  
    Quote Originally Posted by suhbuhyo View Post
    well what the prob seems to be is something with an ipk error or something. i cant install themes thru preware or quick install. and i have no themes(at least it shows none) on my phone. so idk what to do. i had your themes and i thought i took them off
    Go back to prethemer with preware. the theme is up now. try to un-install it now
    Last edited by warlord9159; 08/03/2010 at 10:39 AM.

its all good man. i was on my phone on internalz and was going thru files and was looking thru the ipkg log where it was messing up, and i just followed the file directory, and deleted file names that had theme in it, and got the job done.
    Go back to prethemer with preware. the theme is up now. try to nu install it now
    thank you i did that. but my phone is still black colored and messaging is a little off, but i can now install themes again, so i might just have themes now, cuz when i do a themes, all the settings are fine to the extent of the edit. but when i take them off it goes back to the funnier "stock" colors. it would be cool if u knew what files those were, but if not, its all good.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I think I got things working, but I've been over it again and again so many times, I don't know what the trick was.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159
    My phone does NOT recognize the backgrounds unless I put the .GIF extension on the end. Without the .GIF, the backgrounds do not show at all. I don't know why, but they work just fine WITH EXTENSION.

What apps does this change? I notice it in the phone and messaging, but not email.
    Last edited by kamalot; 08/03/2010 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    I think I got things working, but I've been over it again and again so many times, I don't know what the trick was.

My phone does NOT recognize the backgrounds unless I put the .GIF extension on the end. Without the .GIF, the backgrounds do not show at all. I don't know why, but they work just fine WITH EXTENSION.

What apps does this change? I notice it in the phone and messaging, but not email.
    hey i don't want to sound like a jerk here but come on -- your phone is no different than your computer -- garbage in = garbage out -- if you put a file with no extension on it the phone just like your comuter will not know what to do with it -- there is even usually a warning on your computer if you try to get rid of the extension that warns you the file will quit working ???????

Quit transfering files without extensions and you will be that much happier

glad things are working for you now --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    hey i don't want to sound like a jerk here but come on
    I have been following directions exactly.

Did you read the posts in this thread?

Do the files need to have the .GIF extension?

I have two copies of the image in the "wallpapers" folder. One is "animatedbg.gif" and the other is "animatedbg".
    Pardon me for following directions.
    Last edited by kamalot; 08/03/2010 at 07:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    The animated GIFs look downright craptacular using the stock messaging backgrounds. I've installed a Messaging SCRIM patch, and created some new, transparent message bubbles.

I post them here for others who may find them helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The animated GIFs look downright craptacular using the stock messaging backgrounds. I've installed a Messaging SCRIM patch, and created some new, transparent message bubbles.

I post them here for others who may find them helpful.
    you can install 2sslow's scrim chat ballon and then put no image in the folder and you should get transparent chat ballons as well ---
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Here are some new animated GIFs I've worked on as well. Perhaps some of you will enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have an issue where I got the animated background to work, but now when I look at the file in my wallpaper, the file no longer animates. I put the .gif in the .wallpaper folder and it works fine. But when I move to the wallpaper folder the .gif stops working. I tried to look through the forums but didn't see anything or missed the conversation. I could use a little help if anyone has ran into this.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    you can install 2sslow's scrim chat ballon and then put no image in the folder and you should get transparent chat ballons as well ---
    Which can make it very difficult to read text atop a moving image.

Hence the semi-transparent messaging bubbles. They allow messaging to be usable, but show a tiny bit of your background through the bubble.

Give them a try. When using the scrim chat balloon patch, put them into the /scrims/ folder of your Pre.
    I have been following directions exactly.

Did you read the posts in this thread?

Pardon me for following directions.
    i guess the directions are intended for people who have some common knowledge of how their computer or phone work. again not to be a jerk -- just in the future you should realize that in direction in the forums there are a certin amount of assumptions made -- this is a case where it has caused some problems for a lot of people not just you and these comments are read by many people not just you so in responding to your post i was trying to point out to everyone reading this thread who doesn't know that you need to always have an extension on your files unless you are trying to hide naked pics of your sig other or something along those lines

again i say -- so glad that the patch is working for you as it is one of my favorites
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Which can make it very difficult to read text atop a moving image.

Hence the semi-transparent messaging bubbles. They allow messaging to be usable, but show a tiny bit of your background through the bubble.

Give them a try. When using the scrim chat balloon patch, put them into the /scrims/ folder of your Pre.
    i have been using the gif of the moving stars for the messaging ap -- it works really well with the white font text... if i should change the back ground i will try your balloons

thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    i guess the directions are intended for people who have some common knowledge of how their computer or phone work. again not to be a jerk -- just in the future you should realize that in direction in the forums there are a certin amount of assumptions made -- this is a case where it has caused some problems for a lot of people not just you and these comments are read by many people not just you so in responding to your post i was trying to point out to everyone reading this thread who doesn't know that you need to always have an extension on your files unless you are trying to hide naked pics of your sig other or something along those lines

again i say -- so glad that the patch is working for you as it is one of my favorites
    Again, I have an understanding of computers. I do NOT have an understanding of how patches are programmed. Perhaps the patch was designed to assume any file it reads is a GIF. I didn't know. That is why I asked. I also got VERY specific directions in return, which I followed.

I don't know why you are assuming I don't know about file types. I asked. I got a response. This isn't about assumptions. I have been very clear. I have followed directions. The directions were clear. I followed them. They didn't work. I reported what did work. Isn't that what these forums are for?

Do the files need to have the .GIF extension?

I have two copies of the image in the "wallpapers" folder. One is "animatedbg.gif" and the other is "animatedbg".
    Again, I followed the instructions to the letter. They are not accurate. I am trying to ensure that others don't have to go the same troubleshooting process as myself.

It isn't like I have on 'Hide Known File Types' in Explorer.

Maybe I'm showing my age. I've been a member here for almost 10 years. I seem to remember the forums being a little more polite back in the day. Saying, 'not to sound like a jerk' does not give you carte blanche to do just that.

Back off.
    Last edited by kamalot; 08/03/2010 at 08:49 AM.
  20.    #2380  
    Again, I have an understanding of computers. I do NOT have an understanding of how patches are programmed. Perhaps the patch was designed to assume any file it reads is a GIF. I didn't know. That is why I asked. I also got VERY specific directions in return, which I followed.

I don't know why you are assuming I don't know about file types. I asked. I got a response. This isn't about assumptions. I have been very clear. I have followed directions. The directions were clear. I followed them. They didn't work. I reported what did work. Isn't that what these forums are for?

Again, I followed the instructions to the letter. They are not accurate. I am trying to ensure that others don't have to go the same troubleshooting process as myself.

It isn't like I have on 'Hide Known File Types' in Explorer.

Maybe I'm showing my age. I've been a member here for almost 10 years. I seem to remember the forums being a little more polite back in the day. Saying, 'not to sound like a jerk' does not give you carte blanche to do just that.

Back off.
    Sorry if I was not so Accurate. It's hard to try and tell knowledgeable users from noobs.
    I do the best I can.