Page 118 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3403
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #2341  
    [quote=wellwellwell11;2586101]
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    update 7/1 WIP
    Animated messaging and email notification
    Attachment 49798Attachment 49799Attachment 49802Attachment 49804Attachment 49808Attachment 49811Attachment 49813Attachment 49814Attachment 49815
    gif size 48x48

name gif to "dashboard"
    send image to
    /media/internal/wallpapers/

UPDATED 7/1

install patch

like you did for this patch, maybe make a update page with the patchs able to be emailed like this so people can use internalz.

done
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Since I don't have my own computer right now, I installed Internalz and don't know how to use it, yet! Ooops!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    For your enjoyment:

APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    I downloaded this patch from Preware, have the .gif I wanna use, put it in the wallpapers folder, and renamed it "animatedbg"...it still doesn't work tho, even after a restart...I'm also overclocking...

Am I doing something wrong?...

I also have a theme in use, is that what's causing the problem?...
    I installed the patch but it made my musice player go white couldn't see a thing and idont know how to get gifs to work... Please help
    try posting at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...nds-webos.html instead of creating a new thread just for you. Others may be having a the same issue.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    icant get the animated gifs to work on anything and it turned my music player completely white I'm still trying to learn about the pre... Can anyone help
    Quote Originally Posted by nore 23 View Post
    icant get the animated gifs to work on anything and it turned my music player completely white I'm still trying to learn about the pre... Can anyone help
    I'm having the same problem unfortunately...

I've been searching through this thread to see if this question has been answered already, but it's a pain to have to go through 110+ pages of small talk in order to find it lol...
  9.    #2349  
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    I'm having the same problem unfortunately...

I've been searching through this thread to see if this question has been answered already, but it's a pain to have to go through 110+ pages of small talk in order to find it lol...
    Patch update submitted to Preware

The patch installed if it changes your back ground from pre default back ground.

check file name. animatedbg
    check location. wallpapers
    Must be a gif file
    hope this helps

The patch installed if it changes your back ground from pre default back ground.

Must be a gif file
    hope this helps
    Thank you for your speedy reply!...I'm in the middle of uninstalling/reinstalling the patch right now, and I'll be sure to try this out and give you the results as soon as I get them...

Again, thanks...
    Hey Guys, I havent been here in a few days, and I cant believe all the different patches and themes all created with this! Just AWESOME!! Great Great Work all of you! I cant wait til I get paid just so I can donate!

Hey Mamouton, you mentioned we can do most of this through internalz.
    Can you give a quick step by step on how one can do that?
    (I have no idea how to create/ DL a patch within internalz!?)

Thanks sooo much for all the great work guys!

Must be a gif file
    hope this helps
    OKAY...so, after simply reinstalling the patch, my gif is showing up in he background of the music player just fine...as for the main wallpaper, still the same problem (it's still the same background that came with the theme I have installed)...everything seems to be named right and in the right place as far as the animated gif goes...

Again, thanks...if you know of a way I can get this to show up as my main background, I'd really appreciate it...

EDIT: It also works in the Phone and Messaging apps...
    Last edited by FleetwoodSho; 08/02/2010 at 04:59 PM.
  13.    #2353  
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    OKAY...so, after simply reinstalling the patch, my gif is showing up in he background of the music player just fine...as for the main wallpaper, still the same problem (it's still the same background that came with the theme I have installed)...everything seems to be named right and in the right place as far as the animated gif goes...

Again, thanks...if you know of a way I can get this to show up as my main background, I'd really appreciate it...
    Back-ground can't be animated at this time. palm issue.

hey for some reason i cant get the patch on my pre or use any images..anyone know why?
  15.    #2355  
    Quote Originally Posted by nore 23 View Post
    hey for some reason i cant get the patch on my pre or use any images..anyone know why?
    Are you saying that the patch won't install?

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Do the files need to have the .GIF extension?

I'm having the same problems as those above me. I've added files to the "wallpapers" folder, installed the patch, restarted and no dice. Nada. Nothing has changed.

I have two copies of the image in the "wallpapers" folder. One is "animatedbg.gif" and the other is "animatedbg". Neither seem to do anything.

Restarted several times. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch.

Also tried using other animated GIFs from other linked threads, including tbbg, dashboard, and contacts. Does each background require its own patch, or is there one background patch that loads images based on their name.

With more than 100 pages of comments, and multiple linked threads, I think I've done a fair bit of legwork already, so sorry if I am not understanding something, but this is not only very confusing, but fractured and spread out all over the place.
    Last edited by kamalot; 08/03/2010 at 12:47 AM.
  17.    #2357  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    Do the files need to have the .GIF extension?

I'm having the same problems as those above me. I've added files to the "wallpapers" folder, installed the patch, restarted and no dice. Nada. Nothing has changed.

I have two copies of the image in the "wallpapers" folder. One is "animatedbg.gif" and the other is "animatedbg". Neither seem to do anything.

Restarted several times. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch.

Also tried using other animated GIFs from other linked threads, including tbbg, dashboard, and contacts.

With more than 100 pages of comments, and multiple linked threads, I think I've done a fair bit of legwork already, so sorry if I am not understanding something.
    Name your image;
    animatedbg

Put it in wallpapers folder.

Did your back grounds change from palm default?
    If so, the patch installed.
    Check name of file. "animatedbg" no caps and no space between letters.
    Check folder. "wallpapers" not ".wallpapers"
    Un-install and re-install patch, but do not remove image from folder.
    Reboot your phone.

If all this did not fix the patch, you can try to remove your theme if installed and the patch,
    reboot, install patch then reboot again. hopefully this fix it.

I hope this helped you in getting this patch to work.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 08/03/2010 at 01:13 AM.

hey warlord this is weird on my phone. i have no more animated patches or anything on my phone, or messaging or launcher anymore, and my messaging is white with red text, and my phone is all blacked out(but all still very visible), and my music player is all white and i cant read the text. idk what happened? and theres no patches like those to uninstall.
    for the music i just use music remix, but still.
  19.    #2359  
    Quote Originally Posted by suhbuhyo View Post
    hey warlord this is weird on my phone. i have no more animated patches or anything on my phone, or messaging or launcher anymore, and my messaging is white with red text, and my phone is all blacked out(but all still very visible), and my music player is all white and i cant read the text. idk what happened? and theres no patches like those to uninstall. for the music i just use music remix, but still.
    Thats the patch from Preware. "animated-phone-Messaging-musicplayer-bg.patch"
    Try to re-install the patch, reboot then remove the patch.
    It sounds like the patch is installed, but the gif image has been
    deleted, removed, renamed or moved.

Thats the patch from Preware. "animated-phone-Messaging-musicplayer-bg.patch"
    Try to re-install the patch, reboot then remove the patch.
    It sounds like the patch is installed, but the gif image has been
    deleted, removed, renamed or moved.
    will do