1.    #1  
    I am trying to install a patch (named pages on launcher from lmorchard) on my VZW Pre Plus with OS 1.4.1.1 Config Version 1.3. I installed this patch along with a slew of others just 2 days ago on my wife's brand new VZW Pre Plus (3 days old) and it works fine. When I try to install it on mine, I get the error message shown below. I would guess that this patch may be conflicting with another patch or app already installed, but how do I:

Figure out which conflicting patch / app I need to remove?

or

Determine if the patch has been modified and is now broken?

or

Contact the patch developer for his opinion on this? I have checked his page but there is no contact info there and precentral.net tells me I am not authorized to view his precentral.net profile....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob L.

-----------------------------------------------

Palm III / Palm IIIc / Palm Vx / Treo 650 / Treo 755p / Pre Plus
  2.    #2  
    Reading the error message seems to indicate it is trying to install a patch that already exists...

I have tried to delete the patch from WebOS and then reinstall, and I have also tried to remove the patch using preware and reinstall but that doesn't seem to work either.???
    Bob L.

The file rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs $sounds$ $like$ $it$ $is$ $produced$ $by$ $this$ $patch$. $Have$ $you$ $tried$ $letting$ $it$ $overwrite$?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The file rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs $sounds$ $like$ $it$ $is$ $produced$ $by$ $this$ $patch$. $Have$ $you$ $tried$ $letting$ $it$ $overwrite$?
    The error message I get (attached to original post) only has a warning about the error and then an "OK" button. It does not give me an option to retry with overwrite or anything else...
    Bob L.

Delete it with InternalZ, maybe?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Delete it with InternalZ, maybe?
    Interesting. I did not have InternalZ but do now and WOW!

But alas, the InternalZ Developer site at Canuck Software

says:
    Due to security issues, I've limited file writing/deleting to only files/folders inside /media/internal/ and in /var/
    and based on my short interaction I suspect they are correct.

I think you may be pointing me in the right direction though, now if I could only figure out how to delete that file...
    Bob L.