1.    #1  
    Hey, all, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a patch that would allow for a tab character entry? Just like there was a patch created for the Messaging app that would return a line when the Return key was hit instead of sending the message, I thought maybe Shift+Space could insert a tab character like used in PalmOS.

Coming from a Treo, this has seriously been one of the biggest problems I've had with my Pre since I got it almost six months ago. I had gotten quite used to using Shift+Space to create a tab, allowing me to organize text lists cleanly, and I sorely miss it. =(

Making any kind of note (be it in ClassicNote, Memos, typing an email, etc.), it is difficult to create a list without this character as each character isn't the same size ('I' and 'O' are the easiest examples).
    I just thought I'd give it a shot. Please let me know if it is at least possible.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Koiji412; 07/15/2010 at 06:19 AM.
    Similarly, I'd like to see a Tab function in the browser.
    Would make it much easier to skip to the next text box.
    I use the shift+spacebar on my Treo as well! I hope this gets patched for webOS.

On a sidenote, my tabs from Outlook (using ALT+numpad9) are functional when editing in PocketMirror tasks. I can't make them, but I could copy an existing one and paste it into another record. This has been my workaround so far for organizing my Projects lists.

Looking forward to inserting tabs soon!