1.    #1  
    I have been thinking about this for a couple of days. I know nothing about WebOS development, this is my first post as a member of this forum, so Hi , I'm Frank.

Anyway I was thinking, say you drop your phone, or someone steals it. Is there any way of being able to send a text or email to the phone with a code that will trigger it to lock, send you its location, and display a message about where to return it or the home phone number of the owner. Or maybe have the phone when it reaches a certain battery percentage to turn on GPS and e-mail you its exact coordinates before it dies.

I'm assuming something like this has been thought of and apologize if I am requesting something impossible.

Just thought I would throw it out there.

If there is something like this already can someone send me in its direction, thanks.
    Maybe you're looking for an application like this:

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

It doesn't lock your phone up or anything, but it does give you the location of the phone if its still turned on.
    Check out an app called Homing Device...

The problem with this is... in order to watch for an incoming sms or such it would have to be an app, not a patch... AND it has to run in the dashboard all the time, which means anytime you reset your phone you would have to restart the app as well, not to mention you would have a dashboard icon all the time. Palm removed the ability for apps to run 'invisible' in the background in a previous update.
    Now this doesn't lock the phone or display a message. But as far as tracking goes it's the best option in my opinion, plus it's free. The Pre just serves a file called ".........track.php" then you can view it from any computer. Looking at google maps satellite view I can see almost exactly where my phone is at as long as gps is on. If someone did have your phone they wouldn't know you're tracking it. Unlike an app that would be easily noticed, delete... Just set this up once and that's it, every time the phone starts it's sitting silently in the background, no icon or anything, doesn't use any resources (battery, etc) either unless you actually pull up the "........track.php" page to track the phone.

How to Set Up Google GPS Tracking on your Palm Pre!
    Last edited by mjkjr; 07/16/2010 at 07:53 AM.