Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Ok so one day my virtual keyboard just stopped working and displayed this message : "could not load configutation file kb_config.json. Try to reinstall the package entitled 'VKB Default Themes And Configuration." ....I think I may have deleted something important in the usb folder or this may have happened to me while cancelling an update for VKB. I've uninstalled And reinstalled VKB and the default configuration and themes and I still get the message. What can I do to get VKB back? I'm not sure I want to doctor and loser everything just for VKB lol even though it was nice to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivalrejectq View Post
    Ok so one day my virtual keyboard just stopped working and displayed this message : "could not load configutation file kb_config.json. Try to reinstall the package entitled 'VKB Default Themes And Configuration." ....I think I may have deleted something important in the usb folder or this may have happened to me while cancelling an update for VKB. I've uninstalled And reinstalled VKB and the default configuration and themes and I still get the message. What can I do to get VKB back? I'm not sure I want to doctor and loser everything just for VKB lol even though it was nice to have.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...repair+utility with override compatibility ON. Update your preware save package list before using and then just hit install all after the repair utility.
    Also try uninstalling all of the VKB pieces and parts, also then run the 'Clean Up VKB' patch/app from preware... then reinstall. I am trying this as I type.
    Use WebOSquick install and press the "down arrow" button. Select Internal feeds all and download the VKB theme and configuration, install it. lunar restart. Done. hope that helps.
    I guess I need to just make the popup message a little more clear.

USE PREWARE always

Remove the VKB , remove the package titled "VKB Default Themes and Configuration"... reinstall, restart luna.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    thanks to all that replied...really appreciate it! I tried what superman said and my keyboard is back in action.ill press thanks for ya when I get on a pc
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    FINALLY!!!! i've had the same error for a week now!!! Thanx Super...and thanx Carnival for asking, coz all the other guys are giving WAAAAAAAY more complex solutions, this took me 10 seconds as opposed to 10hrs of searching/uninstalling/re-installing blah blah blah...
    I'm glad I could help.
    Mine still says the same thing??? i have done what Superman said, and restarted Luna. It still says it... and thought?

Jerry
    Did you follow egaudet's advice?
    I haven't been able to get the vkb to work at all. I followed the directions here to install it. Got nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. Then I tried to install preware following thesedirections, and preware doesn't even show up in the drop-down menu. "Device Management" in Quick Install shows both the vkb patch and the vkb default themes and configuration as being installed on my pre plus, but they don't show up under "Device Info" on the phone. Any ideas?
    I got preware installed and tried installing the vkb that way, and still nothing. Any help?
    I finally found uinput module in preware, so now I have keyboss and uinput. Backspace now works in browser but now it will type sometime but more often not. Have to go back to physical keyboard to finish typing.

any suggestions?
    Superman2804 had the answer that worked for me
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    thanks everyone for help! superman, that made it simple and it took me 2 mins to have my VKB up and runnin again!

precentral is the best community i've ever been a part of..thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I guess I need to just make the popup message a little more clear.

USE PREWARE always

Remove the VKB , remove the package titled "VKB Default Themes and Configuration"... reinstall, restart luna.
    Worked like a charm! Thanks!
    gonna give it all another try
    so i couldn't get it took work either but after following superman's advice it's good to go
    Quote Originally Posted by superman2804 View Post
    Use WebOSquick install and press the "down arrow" button. Select Internal feeds all and download the VKB theme and configuration, install it. lunar restart. Done. hope that helps.
    Thanks,helped me,i had no idea where to find the theme,now it works for the 1st time
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thanks!!! It works great!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast