1.    #1  
    something I've always hated about todays smartphones is the inability have subfolders. This means you can not have an album called 2007 and have all your albums from that year in it or an album called family in which you could have sub albums of your family members. Sub albums makes things easy ans simple. I like to have photos organized on my phone because I believe it's an awesome idea to have pht albums on phones as they are much easier to show off. I think most smartphones neglect this although apple does have itunes sjrink photos which is awesome.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    This would be nice. I particularly would like the ability to choose the subalbum to which photos would be saved. (I recognize this additional level of control probably isn't even possible right now.) In the meantime, I created subfolders for my photos with USB access (and for a very, very small album, with Internalz). I admit it's not convenient to move photos on the phone, and it would be nice if you could . But I move a lot of stuff around, and add photos taken with my camera, pretty efficiently with USB access.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    This would be nice. I particularly would like the ability to choose the subalbum to which photos would be saved. (I recognize this additional level of control probably isn't even possible right now.) In the meantime, I created subfolders for my photos with USB access (and for a very, very small album, with Internalz). I admit it's not convenient to move photos on the phone, and it would be nice if you could . But I move a lot of stuff around, and add photos taken with my camera, pretty efficiently with USB access.
    I can deal with moving things around via usb if neccisarry but creating subfolders in albums doesn't seem to have any actual effect on the display of the device unless going through internalz which is not exactly how I would like to browse internals, HOWEVER maybe what we really need is the person responsible for music player remix to make a photo album remix and add support for subalbums. So far the only new smartphon os I have personally used which has subfolder support is the zune os. (have used iiphone and android and niether support subalbums.)

Just don't understand why the smartphone companies underplay the photo album? 10 years ago people carried a few wallet photos. Now we have digital photo albums! Photos are very key feature and having them sync with our pcs and be organized are two features Id think people would appreciate! especially if synced like itunes (optiimized photo for screen which saves space) tagging photos to contacts, uploading to more sources, sending to walmart or other local printing companies ect. These are all other features I envision in a fully baked photo app. Also syncing with your social sites would be cool too! (facebook album with subalbums of all your facebook albums) that would fit with synergy!

Palm READ this post! i have sent you a few requests of how the photos app should be done!!!

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    but creating subfolders in albums doesn't seem to have any actual effect on the display of the device unless going through internalz which is not exactly how I would like to browse internals
    No actual effect on the display? Are you saying that you don't see your folders in the Photos app? I don't understand.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    No actual effect on the display? Are you saying that you don't see your folders in the Photos app? I don't understand.
    currently if you open the photos app you would see this

photo roll

album one

album two

ect...

I see it that, but lets say I click on album one all you see are pictures, no sub albums so if i had an album like 2007, I cannot open it up and see my vacation to florida album, or brothers birthday album. It simply batches all the pictures of all the albums together. If this is not so and I am missing something then WOW i will be VERY happy, however this is one of the very first things I tried when I got my pre, and was disapointed.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    When I open the Photos app, I see all of my folders including Photo roll (which I regularly clear out) and several others I created for pics of my kids and various events (e.g., "Preschool graduation" and "Funderland"). I don't use albums, so I don't need subfolders. I just have each of my folders available alongside Photo roll. I have 10 folders in addition to Photo roll and Wallpapers. It works for me.

7.    #7  
    I rhink for some it works but for those who take alot of pictures it's a bit harder idk maybe I am alone in wanting subalbums/subfolders? I think it'd be nice though
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    The issue is that if you create a sub-folder inside another folder, in the Photos app, it just shows everything in the parent folder on the one list for that folder and flattens the structure. It doesn't give you the option to dig down into sub-folders and further sub-folders like a normal file browser. I second the request for this patch.