Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patricksmangan
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to donate to Jason Robataille and the MIT guys for their patches, but I can't seem to locate a place to do that. Link anyone?
    find anything he has posted. the link is in is signature
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    I wanted to donate to Jason Robataille and the MIT guys for their patches, but I can't seem to locate a place to do that. Link anyone?
    Just curious but who are the MIT guys? I'm looking at my screen sideways here because I haven't heard of these guys.
    the mighty interalz team?
    W00sh likes this.
    Are they MIT students/graduates? I assumed they were just gifted.
  6.    #7  
    When you download, it says Source: MIT Open Source. I assumed that meant that there is a group at MIT that writes the source code... but since I am not up to date on anything technological past 1997, I could be way wrong.

My phone was nice, now it is way better thanks to all the patches that fix all the things I wish were on it to begin with. I just wanted to donate for the time by these people
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    When you download, it says Source: MIT Open Source. I assumed that meant that there is a group at MIT that writes the source code... but since I am not up to date on anything technological past 1997, I could be way wrong.

My phone was nice, now it is way better thanks to all the patches that fix all the things I wish were on it to begin with. I just wanted to donate for the time by these people
    Thought this may be the case, the MIT open source refers to the type of license that the package is licensed under.
    Just to give you a heads up and a brief overview, there a lot of homebrew devs here that all do some great work, the two that you are most likely to run into are:

Canuck software (Jason Robitaille) responsible for Wosqi,internalz, 50 patches and a load of other things.

Webos-internals (rwhitby, unixpsycho and others) responsible for Preware, save/restore, some patches, current Overclocking methods and a hell of a lot more