1.    #1  
    Hello,

i know theres a patch where you can open a link in a new card dialog, when pressing the gesture area. This patch is really useful, but i would like it if the "open link in new window" dialog would popup up if a link is hold longer than x seconds. So you could easy surf the web with one hand...

A short tip would open the link in the same window, a longer tip opens the dialog.
    Last edited by n1ce; 07/09/2010 at 12:35 PM.
    +yes
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Yes, a long press to bring up the gesture menu will be nice.

Also, an option to " Open in New Card in Background " will also be great; that is the new card doesnt steal focus; it stays with the page with the original link.

Thanks,
    I second that Open in New Card in Background patch request.. and the tap+hold..
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I clicked this thread to let the OP know that this could already be done thru a patch (gesture + tap)...and i'm glad i did...this is a great idea!! Kinda like you can do by holding a phone number hyperlink down longer to get the menu popup.

Good call OP!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by econdor View Post
    I clicked this thread to let the OP know that this could already be done thru a patch (gesture + tap)...and i'm glad i did...this is a great idea!! Kinda like you can do by holding a phone number hyperlink down longer to get the menu popup.

Good call OP!

+1
    Thanks for letting me know about this.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    This is an old thread but the contents are 100% relevant. The Touchpad does this already but it's equally important on a phone, can someone replicate this behaviour on webos 2.x please and incorporate it into a patch?
    Ehm I think this DOES exist already?

[Patch]Browser Hold Tap Context Menu
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Thanks a heap! I saw that patch in the list but the description didn't jump out at me that that's what it did (to my mind anyway). Cheers.