Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I have updated version of Java. Downloaded the .jar file and can execute it fine, but it tells me i need WebOS Doctor and asks me to download it, i click OK, and nothing happends.

I opened the terminal and typed

java -jar [filename.jar]

and i got the following

at java.beans.Encoder.writeObject(Encoder.java:74)
    at java.beans.XMLEncoder.writeObject(XMLEncoder.java:274)
    at java.beans.Encoder.writeExpression(Encoder.java:304)
    at java.beans.XMLEncoder.writeExpression(XMLEncoder.java:389)
    at java.beans.DefaultPersistenceDelegate.doProperty(DefaultPersistenceDelegate.java:229)
    at java.beans.DefaultPersistenceDelegate.initBean(DefaultPersistenceDelegate.java:264)
    at java.beans.DefaultPersistenceDelegate.initialize(DefaultPersistenceDelegate.java:408)
    at java.beans.PersistenceDelegate.writeObject(PersistenceDelegate.java:116)
    at java.beans.Encoder.writeObject(Encoder.java:74)
    at java.beans.XMLEncoder.writeObject(XMLEncoder.java:274)

Any help would be much appreciated.

edit: By the way, the output repeats over and over and fills up the entire terminal.
    The webOSDoctor.jar fill will have a much longer name when you download it. Something like webOSDoctor-sprint-141.jar (I completely made that up off the top of my head, but you get the idea)

Make sure that you rename it to "webOSDoctor.jar" and that both .jar files are in the same directory. I just dump them in my home directory.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Yeah, the [filename.jar] means webosquickinstall.jar (or whatever) my problem is that it will not download WebOSDoctor. It did nothing, which led me to trying it in the terminal. Nothing downloaded, i just got that output that you see up there.