Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This patch shrinks the day and week view down to about one screen height.

Also available is the ubercalendar compatible patch. (This version minimally tested)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lawrenqj; 09/29/2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: accepted by webos-internals
  2. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Looks VERY nice!
    Looks great. I will look for it to come out. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Nice patch. I believe there are a lot of people who will find this useful.

Based on my limited experience with it, the patch seems to work best with events of at least one-hour duration. In half-hour events, the text is too large to fit completely in the very narrow color bar, and it's hard to precisely hit the event for editing.

I appreciate the functionality. I use Agenda to get a compilation view of the calendar. This patch won't replace Agenda for me, but it could complement it. The true test will be whether I can handle editing short events from this view with more precise tapping. (I don't want to toggle to weekly view from daily just to edit. I hate weekly view; it's completely useless to me.)

In my perfect world, this patch would be an additional view toggle. It could replace the useless (to me) weekly view in the toggle board at the bottom of the calendar screen.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    It would be great if we could incorporate this into UberCalendar as an additional view selection at the bottom (For example: agenda, one-page day, day, week, month).
    Yes please. Please contact Metaview and give him the code to include it in the next update.
    I hope this hits preware soon, Thanks!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Godly!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I have edited this patch and made a version that is compatible for installation AFTER installing the UberCalendar patch. (This patch attached only works with UberCalendar patch already installed).

Use at your own risk, I take no responsibility for the effects of this patch (as always with patches)
    Hm, interesting approach, may I add it into UberCalendar as additional setting to compressed day view?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I was hoping if I waited a day or two something like this would happen. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    view with more precise tapping. (I don't want to toggle to weekly view from daily just to edit. I hate weekly view; it's completely useless to me.)

In my perfect world, this patch would be an additional view toggle. It could replace the useless (to me) weekly view in the toggle board at the bottom of the calendar screen.
    Actually I find the weekly view to be VERY useful and look at it quite often. But the compressed view looks nice, maybe it could be a preference on how the daily view is displayed.

I'm guessing that if you already have Uber Calender installed this patch would conflict with it. But I see that MetaView has already posted in this thread, so hopefully it is something he can incorporate into his patch.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Hm, interesting approach, may I add it into UberCalendar as additional setting to compressed day view?
    Please do. FYI, I'm thinking of shrinking week view as well.

I like your idea of setting this up as calendar preferences. If you wanted to get fancy you could make the two finger zoom gesture shrink and expand the "hour height". I believe that the css changes I made were unnecessary. You can make all necessary change in the day-assistant. The only exception is the height of the "current_time" div which is set by the original image size, but you could set the height where the "top" is currently being set.

I took a look at CraiaSoftware's patch, and I didn't see how I could integrate this into a cross-compatible patch with Ubercalendar. If you have any suggestions on how to make this compatible I'd implement them. Otherwise feel free to take anything you want and run with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    I have edited this patch and made a version that is compatible for installation AFTER installing the UberCalendar patch. (This patch attached only works with UberCalendar patch already installed).

Use at your own risk, I take no responsibility for the effects of this patch (as always with patches)
    Installation of the patch fails in chunk 1 of 17 already. Yes, i have the ubercalendar patch installed, using WOSQI.

Greetings, Stefan
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Actually I find the weekly view to be VERY useful and look at it quite often. But the compressed view looks nice, maybe it could be a preference on how the daily view is displayed.
    I'm guessing you have the UberCalendar patch. If not, I can only commend you for being much more resourceful than I am.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I'm guessing you have the UberCalendar patch. If not, I can only commend you for being much more resourceful than I am.
    Yes, and I think it's my favorite patch.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  17.    #17  
    I applied very similar changes to the week view which allows you to see the entire week in one go, but there isn't enough real-estate to add the subject of the event. I think maybe a daily agenda is the way to go for the week view rather than the time-line.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenqj View Post
    I applied very similar changes to the week view which allows you to see the entire week in one go, but there isn't enough real-estate to add the subject of the event. I think maybe a daily agenda is the way to go for the week view rather than the time-line.
    I think displaying icons would be great
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I use a lot of All Day Events, is there a way to reduce their size as well? If the font size and spacing could be reduced like the timed events, maybe the scrolling window in which they exist could be reduced as well? Which would leave more room for the day view.

Here's hoping.. thanks for the patch! it's a winner!
    I made two patches as another take on this great patch. Obviously these are all thanks to lawrenqj as my patches here are just tweeks of lawrenqj's hard work.

The first one is for use without UberCalendar patch, the second is compatible with UberCalendar patch. However, it may conflict slightly with the UberCalendar alarm and event type icons if you use them.

Differences in this patch:
    I moved the event time that is stamped on the event to the right side. I made all events less than one hour fill the entire hour-block regardless (so that they are not too small to tap). I enlarged the hour size slightly (but still way smaller than normal). I shrank the All Day events to fit better and more efficiently. I made it so the the calendar always starts with 8am at the top. I put times back in for all hour blocks, but LEft 12pm as "noon".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast