Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm trying out the non-UberCalendar-compatible version now . . . and loving it. It meets my needs perfectly. Thank you for the modifications!
    Last edited by cas_esq; 07/10/2010 at 11:14 PM.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    I made two patches as another take on this great patch. Obviously these are all thanks to lawrenqj as my patches here are just tweeks of lawrenqj's hard work.

The first one is for use without UberCalendar patch, the second is compatible with UberCalendar patch. However, it may conflict slightly with the UberCalendar alarm and event type icons if you use them.

Differences in this patch:
    I moved the event time that is stamped on the event to the right side. I made all events less than one hour fill the entire hour-block regardless (so that they are not too small to tap). I enlarged the hour size slightly (but still way smaller than normal). I shrank the All Day events to fit better and more efficiently. I made it so the the calendar always starts with 8am at the top. I put times back in for all hour blocks, but LEft 12pm as "noon".
    This patch is even better! Thanks to both of you for these tweaks.
    Wow, it's starting to look like the old Palm OS calendar again. I never realized how useful it would be to start at 8am, but that is great. Overall I am able to get all of a days events on a single page view, or very close to it. I have about four calendars that all superimpose, and the stock view just makes it nearly impossible, it looks like a squished down google calendar. This patch "just works", and I am grateful for both your and lawrenqj's work. This is how the calendar should have looked out of the box. I have about 45 patches installed, and this is easily in my top three. Thank you thank you thank you!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Craia, the uber-compatible patch does not seem to be working for 1.4.5.
    Here is a redo of the patch now compatible with UberCalendar and 1.4.5
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    I have edited this patch and made a version that is compatible for installation AFTER installing the UberCalendar patch. (This patch attached only works with UberCalendar patch already installed).

Use at your own risk, I take no responsibility for the effects of this patch (as always with patches)
    I absolutely love the full-day-view patch, but I cannot seem to get it installed with UberCalendar and WebOS 1.4.5.
    I saw you wrote an update for Better-Calendar-Day-View for UberCalendar and 1.4.5; is there any chance you can rewrite the Full-day-view-calendar-Uber-Compatible for 1.4.5 as well?
    And I was wondering if it's possible to add the hour on the left for every line (I only see "noon" on an empty day now, which makes it difficult to place a new appointment on the right timeline).
    Last edited by ScoutFSI; 09/20/2010 at 02:23 PM.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutFSI View Post
    I absolutely love the full-day-view patch, but I cannot seem to get it installed with UberCalendar and WebOS 1.4.5.
    I saw you wrote an update for Better-Calendar-Day-View for UberCalendar and 1.4.5; is there any chance you can rewrite the Full-day-view-calendar-Uber-Compatible for 1.4.5 as well?
    I just posted a patch which I hope will work on ubercalendar.

- I didn't test it with the extra ubercalendar icons, so I don't know how it actually looks.

- Instead of disabling the "compressed view" option in ubercalendar i just crippled it, so it's not the prettiest thing ever.

I don't actually use ubercalendar, so making my patch compatible with theirs isn't my highest priority. You might have more luck trying to get ubercalendar to implement a variable hour height feature rather than trying to keep up with their revisions.

A few people mentioned wanting each hour listed on the left. While I hear what you're saying, I intentionally removed most of the numbers because with all the numbers is became a bit confusing.
    I tried the ubercalendar patch from post #1 with ubercalendar and it won't install.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I tried the ubercalendar patch from post #1 with ubercalendar and it won't install.
    my patch wasn't fully qualified. Please try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenqj View Post

A few people mentioned wanting each hour listed on the left. While I hear what you're saying, I intentionally removed most of the numbers because with all the numbers is became a bit confusing.
    Is it possible to create a menu option that allows you to show or unshow each hour?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenqj View Post
    my patch wasn't fully qualified. Please try again.
    Where can I find the patch (sorry if I'm asking for the obvious)?
    I've not yet placed more than 10 posts, so it might simply be in your signature (which I'm not able to see yet).
    If so, can you send me a pm?
  12.    #32  
    Where can I find the patch (sorry if I'm asking for the obvious)?
    I've not yet placed more than 10 posts, so it might simply be in your signature (which I'm not able to see yet).
    If so, can you send me a pm?
    It's an attachment on the first post.
    I cannot seem to get it working, it fails on 2 out of 12 hunks.
    Should I remove Agenda? By the way, I'm on 1.4.5
    it's a good patch though I'm having a hard time reading because it's so small. but helpful nonetheless
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    op, any chance you can make this patch (version in first post) compatible with webos 2.1? Thanks
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I cannot seem to get it working, it fails on 2 out of 12 hunks.
    Should I remove Agenda? By the way, I'm on 1.4.5
    I had the same problem. I tried to install & parts did, but other parts didn't. I tried to uninstall, but didn't see it. Can someone tell me how to uninstall this? I use ubercalendar for now & like it. thanks
    @JennRN - ubercalendar has something similar to this patch. Just go into UC prefs tap on day view enhanced. There's an option to set a shrink to strong, medium or none. You can do this for week view as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12