Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Tried to install Eric's Virtual Keyboard via Preware. Got the following IPKG error(s) installing:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    3 37662 3 1155 0 0 746 0 0:00:50 0:00:01 0:00:49 1302
    14 37662 14 5439 0 0 3095 0 0:00:12 0:00:01 0:00:11 4958
    100 37662 100 37662 0 0 17676 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 25602
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard_1.4.1-7_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

Tried various remedies found here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ows-error.html

No luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Tried to install Eric's Virtual Keyboard via Preware. Got the following IPKG error(s) installing:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    3 37662 3 1155 0 0 746 0 0:00:50 0:00:01 0:00:49 1302
    14 37662 14 5439 0 0 3095 0 0:00:12 0:00:01 0:00:11 4958
    100 37662 100 37662 0 0 17676 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 25602
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard_1.4.1-7_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

Tried various remedies found here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ows-error.html

No luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    Did you have VKB installed before?
    If you did, go to the VKB folder in the Usb partition and delete that folder ( i doubt thats the issue). If that doesnt work, download Webos backup Utility and run it with the override option on in the toolbar (this will delete all the patches you have already and thereby remedy what the problem might be)
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Thanks Jason. Had the keyboard before. Used minimally, but was nice.

Already deleted the folder from /media/internal/ via USB when connected to PC. Also verified via Internalz also to be sure it was gone. Ran thru steps from other link again. No luck.

Already ran Jason's wonderful WebOS Repair Utility. Should have mentioned that in my original post. (Great minds think alike?) Still no luck.

I'm thinking my next step may be EPR, but don't really want to have to go down that road if I don't have to. And, I'm not sure I have to - Preware doesn't show the VKB as installed.
    Last edited by TheMacs; 07/07/2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: grammer :)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Thanks Jason. Had the keyboard before. Used minimally, but was nice.

Already deleted the folder from /media/internal/ via USB when connected to PC. Also verified via Internalz also to be sure it was gone. Ran thru steps from other link again. No luck.

Already ran Jason's wonderful WebOS Repair Utility. Should have mentioned that in my original post. (Great minds think alike?) Still no luck.

I'm thinking my next step may be EPR, but don't really want to have to go down that road if I don't have to. And, I'm not sure I have to - Preware doesn't show the VKB as installed.
    Run Webos Repair Utility with override option on. Before you do that, use Preware to save all your patches so you can easily reinstall right after you install VKB. If you decide to doctor, you can use Pre backup Utility to back up text and a lot more other things. Check out pre backup Utility and see the benefits of using it.
    Update feeds

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I had the virtual keyboard. Then I added Keyboss and Uinput because it allowed backspacing when using the web. Then I noticed that my phone wouldn't take screenshots. When I removed all three, the phone once again took screenshots. I will most likely reinstall the virtual keyboard again. It works fine for email and searching for contacts.
    Keyboss and Uinput doesnt always work, but then again they are both still in testing. You really cant blame the dev for not really attending to your problems. Its a "test feed" development.
    I am not blaming anybody. Where would we be without the developers? We would be in no-patch land.

I was just sharing what happened on my device.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I am not blaming anybody. Where would we be without the developers? We would be in no-patch land.

I was just sharing what happened on my device.
    Yes You're very correct!
    And yeah, true, even with keyboss and Uinput, sometimes i still cant type or delete in the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yes You're very correct!
    And yeah, true, even with keyboss and Uinput, sometimes i still cant type or delete in the browser.
    The only weirdness I had in the browser was that the keyboard sometimes appeared when I rotated the screen and I couldn't enter passwords.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    The only weirdness I had in the browser was that the keyboard sometimes appeared when I rotated the screen and I couldn't enter passwords.
    Yeah, it does that when you switch to landscape, i wish i can disable that.