Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Oh! I've caught it on emulator! Will fix.
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
  2.    #142  
    Fixed! Redownload patch from ZumoDrive - russianLayout2.patch or http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17146021/russianLayout2.patch

Attention!!
    Remove old patch before installing new one!
  3. A24
    Hi Shura

I have a german pre+ and upgraded to official 2.1.
    I tried your patch and works perfect so i tried to get english-greek. I replace the russian characters (only lowercase and capitals but no groups that i left as yours) with greek letters and all goes fine except some letters that they appearing like "square and ?"
    I edited your patch file with windows notepad.

Could you help me to fix it? I'm not a programmer but i'll try if it's simple.

The greek letters that not appearing correctly are in quotes.
    Lowercase: r>"ρ" , c>"ψ"
    Capitals U>"Θ", J>"Ξ", K>"Κ", M>"Μ", N>"Ν", O>"Ο"

- Thanks for advance
  4.    #144  
    1. Do not use notepad for windows, I suppose it may cause some problems.
    2. If some letters is not displayed you need to change font. Try look for other unicode font and install it to the phone.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    as WebOS 2.1 now can read Arabic, could you plz make a keyboard layout for it?
    I have an arabic font that work excellent, so it all about editing your patch or its need another work?
    I will be so happy if you can make a patch for an Arabic keyboard layout. I can sent you the arabic font. Thnx
  6. A24
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    1. Do not use notepad for windows, I suppose it may cause some problems.
    2. If some letters is not displayed you need to change font. Try look for other unicode font and install it to the phone.
    Thanks for your reply.

1. I downloaded the EditPad Lite for free to editing your patch ... but i get the same result.

2. You mean that i must find another font package and install it in /usr/share/fonts/ ... or i try to find only the characters that don't appearing correctly ,from another font package and replace them on your patch file?

Notice1. when i was on 1.4.5 with installing the pIqad ,and the same modification of mojo.jsjsjs ,$i$ $wrote$ $all$ $greek$ $letters$.

Notice2. I installed again your original patch and check all the russian characters on pre's memos and search bar ,but ...
    the lowercase "q","s" and capitals "A","I","K","M","N","O","P" that corresponds on russian letters ,appearing as square and ? ..
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Shura, i edited your Patch with Arabic layout and it works , thnx much
    im using WebOS 2.1 and removing the Patch by WOSQI not working so i have to manually sent the "mojo.jsjsjs&$quot$; $to$ &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo2$/&$quot$; $to$ $remove$ $it$ ...

also when open "Just Type" and start type it starts with double charachters, an english letter then arabic letter, do you know why this happened? in sms,memo and web that dosnt happened!

also in web browser the layout get random not in the order that i set for patch!

finally what is the " groups" in the patch?

thnx
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by A24 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    2. You mean that i must find another font package and install it in /usr/share/fonts/ ...
    Yes. I don't know where problem can be more.

A24
    Could you try #139 please?
    Do you have the same issue? Try to type in Russian layout "kosinskaja" in Google maps
    Last edited by Shura; 02/28/2011 at 09:07 AM.
  9.    #149  
    amjz
    also when open "Just Type" and start type it starts with double charachters, an english letter then arabic letter, do you know why this happened? in sms,memo and web that dosnt happened!
    Yes, it's a problem and it can't be solved in my patch. It should be some low level modification (not in JavaScript).

also in web browser the layout get random not in the order that i set for patch!
    It's very odd, I've never seen that.

Russian alphabet has 33 letters, so keyboard has not place for them. Some Cyrillic letters can be typed by pressing key chain. For example Russian letter "Ж" can be typed by pressing "GH".
  10. A24
    Yes. I don't know where problem can be more.

A24
    Could you try #139 please?
    Do you have the same issue? Try to type in Russian layout "kosinskaja" in Google maps
    Hi there

In Russian characters:

When i was typing "kosinskaja" in google maps, the result was strange.
    - when i pressed "k" nothing happens next pressed "o" and appeared "square and ?", then i pressed "s" and appeared "square ,? and c" ,then pressed "i" nothing happens but pressed "n" guess ... "square,?" ,again pressed "s" ,appeared "square,?,c" and so on!!!

- When i was typing "#139" ,in "just search" bar it was appearing correctly ,but in google maps pressed "#" it was appears something like 6 but the numbers was correctly.

In greek characters:

When i was typing in lowercase, all the letters in google maps , "m" and "n" instead of greeks ,it was appearing again english chrs, but in "just search" bar and "memos" ,they appeared correctly, except of course the greek lowercase letters "ρ","ψ" that they were appearing like "square,?" and i replaced them with capitals for the moment!!! Also in google maps i couldn't type capitals but only lowercase !!!!
    - Likewise when i was typing "#139" in "just search" and "memos" it was appearing correctly ,but in google maps when ι was typing "#" ,instead "#" it was appearing the greek letter "β" that is the char above the "s" key on the keyboard.
  11.    #151  
    Show me you r patch please, I'll look
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Shura, i edited your Patch with Arabic layout and it works , thnx much
    im using WebOS 2.1 and removing the Patch by WOSQI not working so i have to manually sent the "mojo.jsjsjs&$quot$; $to$ &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo2$/&$quot$; $to$ $remove$ $it$ ...

thnx
    dear amjz
    could you please share the keyboard?
    thanks to you we can read arabic now
    regards
  13. A24
    Show me you r patch please, I'll look
    Hi Shura and thanks a lot.

I posted the patch as text in quote but something happened and don't appeared.

So here i am again...
    - The following letters: c>ψ, r>ρ and J>Ξ, K>Κ, M>Μ, N>Ν, O>Ο, U>Θ in greek ,appeared as "square and ?"

- If don't need the russian groups ,could you remove them?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #154  
    I remove unnecessary code.
    Try GreekLayout2_1.patch (before installation remove previous patch)
    If that patch does not fix issue, then try GreekLayout2_CAPS.patch (Again, before installation remove previous patch)

Please write about your results.

P.S. I did not tested these patches on my phone so, be careful.
  15. A24
    I remove unnecessary code.
    Try GreekLayout2_1.patch (before installation remove previous patch)
    If that patch does not fix issue, then try GreekLayout2_CAPS.patch (Again, before installation remove previous patch)

Please write about your results.

P.S. I did not tested these patches on my phone so, be careful.
    I tried both but the result was: ERROR

" .... /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: ****`>' expected at line 41 of patch
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server "
    Last edited by A24; 03/02/2011 at 07:31 AM.
    @Shura: how could you change keyboard at Palm Emulator?
  17.    #157  
    A24
    Ok, try these
  18.    #158  
    nhimret
    double Ctrl

amjz
    Fill the attached file, I'll add these letters to patch
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is right place to as but if I want to add more letters to the "Sym" selection what file/files do I have to modify? Dont need entirely new layout, just add ąū additional letters (Ąą Čč Ęę Ėė Įį Šš Ųų Ūū Žž)?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is right place to as but if I want to add more letters to the "Sym" selection what file/files do I have to modify? Dont need entirely new layout, just add ąū additional letters (Ąą Čč Ęę Ėė Įį Ųų Ūū )?

Thanks
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast