Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Update: Changed patch for the new Facebook Beta 1.2.30 to disable the "shake to refresh" feature. The auto-refresh seems to be fixed in this version. Also, I'm looking into doing something similar to this patch for the Facebook app. Let me know if you're interested in that.

Disables the "feature" where the Facebook app refreshes your news feed, causing the screen to jump to the top of your feeds, when you either shake your phone or when you come back to the app from the card view.

I think the phone-shake was more of an exercise by the devs on how to use that API. It certainly doesn't add anything to the user experience.

Thanks to Jason for his Unified Diff Creator

There are two different versions. One is for Facebook 1.2.1 and the other is for Facebook Beta 1.2.5.

I probably won't be uploading these to the Preware feeds because (1) I'm not sure how to do that and (2) the versioning of patches, for the purposes of AUPT, is based on the version of the OS. Since the Facebook app not tied to the OS version, I versioned these 1.2.1-1 and 1.2.5-1 respectively (though I think this is ignored as Preware shows 1.4.1.1-1 for both of these). Not sure how that would work with the feeds.

Install this at your own risk, anytime I've tried to uninstall, for whatever reason, it just deleted the patched file, not restoring the original. If anyone knows why it's doing this, please let me know.

Let me know if you guys have any other issues.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by estockda; 07/27/2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Thanks. Submit this to Preware if it works.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I don't mind the refresh itself, just the fact that it jumps to the top when I'm reading something
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I don't mind the refresh itself, just the fact that it jumps to the top when I'm reading something
    The refresh is what is causing the jump to the top. As far as I know, it'll still show the "new posts" banner at the top when there's new content.
    I installed, then uninstalled this patch and now I can't update my status. Am I the only one experiencing this?
    thank you i was just about to request this patch.
    couldnt install via QI, i got an error.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    As stated in the original post, for whatever reason when uninstalling the patch, it deletes the patched file rather than restoring the original file. A work-around is to uninstall the Facebook app and reinstall it so that the original files are put back.

Also, from their facebook discussions, it seems like the devs have heard the people on this issue and will fix it in the upcoming release, which will hopefully drop soon!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    couldnt install via QI, i got an error.
    What error are you getting? Are you using the correct version of the patch for the version of the FB app that you have?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Updated the Beta patch