webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Bluetooth bandwidth increase
Bluetooth bandwidth increase

Old 07/05/2010, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Is it possible to create a patch to either flat out raise the available Bluetooth bandwidth or increase the available CPu power for Bluetooth audio? Alternatively it would be nice to have a slider to adjust this similar to some other htc phones. I picked up a blackberry media gateway and using my iPod touch I can't tell a difference between the Bluetooth and the cable, however with the pre the distortion at certain frequencies renders it virtually unusable. I'm really trying hard to make the pre my only device, but after a year and still no rdp, not being able to listen to my voicemail attachments, and now this , I'm starting to feel like I have a much inferior device when I see new things like the ego and the iPhone 4 coming out. I've been a palm user since my palm 3c, and I love the touchstone, so I really want to make the pre work.

Any thoughts on improving the Bluetooth performance?
NAOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by magonzo, scheumanrj
Old 07/07/2010, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bump, seriously not even one reply for anyone wanting the same thing or to tell me this isn't possible?
Old 07/07/2010, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

+1
+1
+1
Kablin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: NAOrion
Old 07/08/2010, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

So can we get a patch developer to chime in on the possibility of such a patch?
Old 07/08/2010, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've also been pretty disappointed with the A2DP audio quality on the Pre. I turn on my mobile hotspot and use my iPod Touch if I want to listen to Pandora now. The audio quality is just not acceptable on the Pre via bluetooth.
Tigrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2010, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

i do the exact same thing and I'm about to replace my pre with an evo cuz im tired of messing with it
Old 07/08/2010, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Agreed. I can't even carry on a decent phone call if I keep my Pre in my pocket, and if my jacket goes in front of my holster then I get a gap in my audio playback. Ridiculous.
magonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2010, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

So can we get someone who write's patches to chime in on this?
Old 07/10/2010, 04:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I fear it's not that easy. I had a little bit of a look into that already. Most probably it's either replacing the proprietary bluetooth stack from palm with bluez (if that is possible at all) or reverseengineering and "hacking" palm's bluetooth stack, which is not an easy task (it's not fully impossible, but it get's close), because you don't have the source code...
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2010, 04:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I fear it's not that easy. I had a little bit of a look into that already. Most probably it's either replacing the proprietary bluetooth stack from palm with bluez (if that is possible at all) or reverseengineering and "hacking" palm's bluetooth stack, which is not an easy task (it's not fully impossible, but it get's close), because you don't have the source code...
Old 07/17/2010, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

bluetooth was better with my last pre, but I just got it replaced and it cuts out a bit more, so now I care about this also.

workn on my tumor
Old 07/17/2010, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

i'm using my pre with a bluetooth stereo receiver and it's working fine. Internetradiostreaming and forwarding it to my stereo needs more power than the touchstone can charge, but it sounds well. I got a pretty good stereosystem so i would recognize the difference. It only skips if i do a lot multitasking.
hartmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2010, 05:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

it cuts out on me when I crouch down at work, phone in back pocket
Old 03/26/2011, 09:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

What audio are you guys streaming? I'm still having the exact same issue. I tested on Pre- and Pre+ with 1.4.1 and 1.4.5, on Pixi Plus with 1.4.5, Pre-, Pre+ and Pre2 with 2.1. All sound exactly the same and produce this strange hissing distortion with everything that has some percussion-drums in it...

I tried tons of different mp3 conversion methods, audio streaming, ... It's just impossible to get it right, it seems.
Old 12/09/2012, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Maybe something interesting to increase A2DP quality : Bluetooth A2DP audio fix kernel
TheOneill is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0