Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Many thanks for this thread! With Verizon (supposedly) about to release 1.4.5 today it was a big help to see what I need to take care of before the update. I'm glad I won't have to remove and reinstall all 50+ of the patches (if all goes well)!

Many thanks also to the developers of these patches and utilities. They've obviously put a lot of work into making them as robust and user friendly as possible, and done an excellent job of it. It is greatly appreciated!
    ..i know its not necessary...BUT are there any advantages to Doctoring before the update hits, just to have a clean device??? i don't mind adding stuff back, i like to play with my pre+ any way...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Without having to read through all 160 posts in just this thread, is the 1st post still accurate or is there an updated list?

PS has anyone check to see if the 1.4.5 doctor file is available for Verizon pre plus folks yet?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ..i know its not necessary...BUT are there any advantages to Doctoring before the update hits, just to have a clean device??? i don't mind adding stuff back, i like to play with my pre+ any way...
    I would go on a limb here and say 'no advantages at all'
    But if like you said, "you like to play with your pre+ anyway"
    Go for it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I'm a happy unpacker 1.4.5 yay!

knock-knock...

Who is it?

2.0!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    How long does EPR take? It's been running for about 40 min
    this list is by no means complete. im having a problem with the command line patch for example. i left it on there during the update and now cannot update or remove it. this prevents me from using the tweaks in webos quick install now. help!
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    • GestureClick Context Menu
    • KeyToss Keyword Search
    • Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    • Multi Mod
    • SMS Tone per Contact
    • SMS Tone per Contact v2
    • No Auto-Off While Charging
    • Scrim Multi
    • Scrim Multi v2
    • Scrim Multi o2
    • Scrim Multi o2 v2
    • Scrim Multi Verizon
    • Scrim Multi Verizon v2
    • Scrim System Screens
    I completed the update this morning and believe the following two patches also need to be removed before performing the update:

• Muffle System Logging
    • Animated Backgrounds

Now, does anyone know how I can fix this without using "the Doctor" to wipe my phone clean again!?!?!

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by houshokm View Post
    I completed the update this morning and believe the following two patches also need to be removed before performing the update:

Muffle System Logging
    Animated Backgrounds

Now, does anyone know how I can fix this without using "the Doctor" to wipe my phone clean again!?!?!

Thanks.
    Those two patches do not support AUPT anyway so definitely should have been removed prior to the update.
    Anyway, easiest thing to do now is to, remove your theme if you have one.

Update your Preware saved package list

Run emergency patch recovery

Reinstall your patches using the saved package list

Pip
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    In trying to use install EFV I get this error ... Anybody help?
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/wm-corner-bottom-left.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/wm-corner-bottom-right.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/wm-corner-top-left.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/wm-corner-top-right.png
    File: /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so
    File: /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...

Yet webosquickinstall says i have no patches installed and I already removed autocorrect edit
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    How long does EPR take? It's been running for about 40 min
    mine has been running for almost 90 minutes, but I have more than 60 patches. Is it stuck or should I let it run?

I was going to doctor befor the update, but I wanted to see how uberkernel handled it. If I could get beyonf 500mhz, I'd be fine. That, and I can't figure out how to turn 3g back on.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Verizon Pre Plus. Installed 1.4.5 today. I have been running EPR since i had the "Muffle System Logging" patch and it has been running for about 20 mins now. It is stuck a screen that says "Downloading/Installing Existing file mathces Palm md5sum (maybe due to OTA update). Should i just let it keep running or try EFV?
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
    my EPR and EFV both failed so i just gave up and doctored. Big PITA.
    Gesture Click Open in New Card wouldn't update or be removed after the update. But i followed the instructions and emergency path removal and emergency file verification both worked perfectly. Back up and running.

Thanks for the efforts of all those involved.
    Bookmarks Tile Button won't update and can't be removed following OTA update. It wasn't one of the patches listed that needed to be removed. What options do I have now? I don't want to doctor (and is the latest doctor even available) as there are still a few tweaks I haven't finished putting right after the last time I had to doctor the phone (my first trip to the doctor).
    Last edited by qwiklight; 09/14/2010 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    First I'd like to apologize because of my hiatus I have neglected known flaws in AUPT for too long. Although with the great development of the Save/Restore system started by rwhitby, I believe the worst case scenario will be very manageable.

Ok, so here's the deal. Patches that touch multiple packages will not be able to remove/update after an OTA, iff the OTA doesn't update all or none of those packages. These "problem" patches will be in a half-installed half-removed state and there's nothing in AUPT logic that can get it out of this state.

Luckily there aren't a ton of these packages but to avoid this scenario I must recommend you remove the following patches prior to OTA update while using AUPT version 4 or before.

• GestureClick Context Menu
    • KeyToss Keyword Search
    • Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    • Multi Mod
    • SMS Tone per Contact
    • SMS Tone per Contact v2
    • No Auto-Off While Charging
    • Scrim Multi
    • Scrim Multi v2
    • Scrim Multi o2
    • Scrim Multi o2 v2
    • Scrim Multi Verizon
    • Scrim Multi Verizon v2
    • Scrim System Screens

I apologize to the patch authors in advance for the inevitable barage of questions they will receive due to my oversight.

What to do if you have updated with a problem patch installed:

• In Preware Saved Packages List, hit Update to make sure it has the current list of installed packages.
    • In Save/Restore, save the application data for Preware, just in case.
    • In Preware, run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery)
    • In Preware, run EFV (Emergency File Verification) to confirm everything is removed
    • In Preware, go to the Saved Packages List, and re-install the packages. Don't hit update, or it will clear your list.
    • If for some reason, the Saved Packages List is not there, you can restore it from Save/Restore.

NOTE
    Any patches installed outside of the webos-patches feed may or may not contain this bug. If you are unsure, remove them.
    I have an at&t pre plus phone, and I need to know if I have to remove apps/patches that were installed via Webos Quick Install. I loaded on freetetherd and mobile hotspot...do I have to remove these apps? Also, I see alot of comments regarding Govnah and Uberkernal; do these have to be removed also?
    I have an at&t pre plus phone, and I need to know if I have to remove apps/patches that were installed via Webos Quick Install. I loaded on freetetherd and mobile hotspot...do I have to remove these apps? Also, I see alot of comments regarding Govnah and Uberkernal; do these have to be removed also?
    Although I'm far from an expert, I don't think applications are the problem for the update, just those patches listed in the previous posts. Anyway, I'm just removed the patches from my phone (only had 2 installed, SMS tone per contact & No auto off while charging), and have downloaded the patch. I'll let you know how the install went. (AT&T Pre+)

EDIT
    I should note that I left Uberkernel, Govnah, Mobile Hotspot, etc. on the phone.
    Cool. Let me know how it went. Thanks.
    I'm ATT and should be updating soon, I hear. If I remove any offending patches before the update, will I have to go through the steps listed? Thanks.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast