Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 211
  1. #121  
    I know that "Named Pages in the Launcher" is problematic when updated over, but what about the more feature-inclusive "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" by sconix? Is that affected?

    Thanks!
  2. #122  
    I also did not see this list before updating.

    I am currently running EPR and its like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going, downloading/Installing/recovering etc..

    When it finally finished it did ask something about restarting phone.. ??

    do I need to do this restart before doing the next step with the EFV?

    Well I did restart, now have zero patches, but I guess thats the point. Running EFV now, lets see what that does, and if I have my saved list to reinstall.

    EFV sorta ran thru, did not give me any messages or anything.

    Went to saved package list, and hit Install All.

    Let see what happens NOW

    hmmm its spinning its lil head off, but after a few minutes, its still at Downloading/installing calc??

    will it ever move on to other patches..



    Its always kinda like a little adventure, to navigate around when ever there is an update

    Mostly its fun,.,..sorta..
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/11/2010 at 05:58 PM.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I know that "Named Pages in the Launcher" is problematic when updated over, but what about the more feature-inclusive "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" by sconix? Is that affected?
    According to sconix, the 1.4.5 version of this patch has been up in Preware for a while now.
  4. #124  
    @dianehelen

    I was doing this last night. If install all from your saved list is stuck on one, go back to your saved list. Write down or remember the one that wasn't installing, it'll be the first one in the list without the installed badge. Swipe and confirm delete. Try installing all again. Sometimes it doesn't bypass the item you deleted till you restart preware, so try install all again. You might have to do this several times for patches that won't install from that list. Afterwards, you should only have a small list of patches that wouldn't install, but most of them you should be able to go get in preware and install, even tho it wouldn't do that from the list. I think you have to delete items that anrnt in preware feeds, and reinstall those however you did before. Those shouldn't have a picture (just a box) so they should be easy to spot
  5. #125  
    Is it necessary to unistall gnu patch and lsdiff before updating? I have already unistalled all the other pathes but is gnu necessary to be unistalled?
  6. #126  
    Yanno, I sorta DID that with the stuck one, but did not realize I also needed to restart Preware and/or Luna for it to not be there.

    I seem to be having "some" luck, installing the ones on my saved list, one by one.

    I actually DID get back my named launcher pages, and amazingly it remembered the names.. so let the fun continue

    hehe

    I think I am down to just a few patches left to add back, and other than Multi Mod, which hopefully will return soon..

    Thanks for your suggestion


    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    @dianehelen

    I was doing this last night. If install all from your saved list is stuck on one, go back to your saved list. Write down or remember the one that wasn't installing, it'll be the first one in the list without the installed badge. Swipe and confirm delete. Try installing all again. Sometimes it doesn't bypass the item you deleted till you restart preware, so try install all again. You might have to do this several times for patches that won't install from that list. Afterwards, you should only have a small list of patches that wouldn't install, but most of them you should be able to go get in preware and install, even tho it wouldn't do that from the list. I think you have to delete items that anrnt in preware feeds, and reinstall those however you did before. Those shouldn't have a picture (just a box) so they should be easy to spot
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by r.sergio View Post
    Is it necessary to unistall gnu patch and lsdiff before updating? I have already unistalled all the other pathes but is gnu necessary to be unistalled?
    No...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  8. #128  
    Followed the procedure at the beginning of this thread and it cleared the issues I had with the named pages patch. It's not on the list but is fixed the same way. Now I'm officially back to normal for the duartion of 1.4.5 which I hope is not too long.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Followed the procedure at the beginning of this thread and it cleared the issues I had ... Now I'm officially back to normal for the duartion of 1.4.5 which I hope is not too long.
    Ditto for me, though my issues were slightly different. I had one patch, "Gesture Click Open in New Card", which would not re-apply, and missed "Multi Mod" (I didn't remove it before updating). Anyway... followed the procedure outlined, and I was good to go in about an hour.

    Thanks rwhitby and webOS internals!
  10. #130  
    Are there any plans to update Preware to handle this?

    I have a suggestion: How about adding a function in Preware to automatically find, backup and then remove all problematic patches. At the same time, maybe Preware could check the kernel and issue a warning if it's not "stock." Basically, an all-in-one "get your Pre ready for update" button.

    This would be so much more reliable than comparing your list of installed patches to a list posted in a thread

    ...just sayin!
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 08/12/2010 at 06:05 AM.
  11. #131  
    I haven't run EPR in a long long time - when you tap on Install, does EPR run automatically, or does it install first and then you have to go back and run it?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post

    • In Preware Saved Packages List, hit Update to make sure it has the current list of installed packages.
    • In Save/Restore, save the application data for Preware, just in case.
    • In Preware, run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery)
    • In Preware, run EFV (Emergency File Verification) to confirm everything is removed
    • In Preware, go to the Saved Packages List, and re-install the packages. Don't hit update, or it will clear your list.
    • If for some reason, the Saved Packages List is not there, you can restore it from Save/Restore.
    I'm starting to wonder if this might be the best procedure to follow for every OTA update. (i.e. do steps 1-4 first, then run the update, and reinstall from Saved Packages List afterward).
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I haven't run EPR in a long long time - when you tap on Install, does EPR run automatically, or does it install first and then you have to go back and run it?
    you install first, then you do a luna restart, or any kind of restart
  14. #134  
    I installed the WebOS 1.4.5 update last night and it zapped most of my mods, so I tried using WebOS QuickInstall to uninstall all my patches, then I was just going to set them up again. There are two patches discussed in this thread that have problems with 1.4.5 - SMS_tone_per_contact_v2 and multi_mod. Neither will uninstall and it won't let me add anything because it keeps trying (unsuccessfully) to update them. I installed Preware to try to remove them that way but I get the same errors. How can I manually remove these patches so they will stop trying to update? I've attached screen shots of the errors I get. Please Help
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Are there any plans to update Preware to handle this?

    I have a suggestion: How about adding a function in Preware to automatically find, backup and then remove all problematic patches. At the same time, maybe Preware could check the kernel and issue a warning if it's not "stock." Basically, an all-in-one "get your Pre ready for update" button.

    This would be so much more reliable than comparing your list of installed patches to a list posted in a thread

    ...just sayin!
    The people who have created Preware and the Internals team have already done so much, for free, to help us add features and functionality to our phones that it is absolutely incredible. They are operating purely on donations, in their spare time.

    Therefore, IMO, I really don't think it's fair to expect them to go to such lengths, just to save us some more trouble.

    They have already made things so much easier for WebOS users, I don't think they are expecting too much of someone to ask that they handle these types of issues on their own.

    Remember, it is also freely warned about, in many posts, that certain patches and themes can cause problems with the updates, so everyone should already know that they have to take certain steps, before installing an update.

    I can understand the people who were having problems with some of the launcher patches that got stuck, because this issue wasn't know and widely reported.

    Others, however, shouldn't jump on the patching bandwagon, if they are not going to pay attention to all the details that it entails!

    No offense intended to anyone, like I said, this is just my opinion!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtspalmpre View Post
    I installed the WebOS 1.4.5 update last night and it zapped most of my mods, so I tried using WebOS QuickInstall to uninstall all my patches, then I was just going to set them up again. There are two patches discussed in this thread that have problems with 1.4.5 - SMS_tone_per_contact_v2 and multi_mod. Neither will uninstall and it won't let me add anything because it keeps trying (unsuccessfully) to update them. I installed Preware to try to remove them that way but I get the same errors. How can I manually remove these patches so they will stop trying to update? I've attached screen shots of the errors I get. Please Help
    I never knew about this issue either. Of the ones listed, I had SMS_tone_per_contact_v2 installed also, and now cannot remove it. Battery Icon as Percent is no longer working either, but I was able to remove it. Reinstalling did not help -- still will not work.

    I would love to know of a manual way to remove all patches and start from scratch, but it sounds like there is no way.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfore View Post
    I never knew about this issue either. Of the ones listed, I had SMS_tone_per_contact_v2 installed also, and now cannot remove it. Battery Icon as Percent is no longer working either, but I was able to remove it. Reinstalling did not help -- still will not work.

    I would love to know of a manual way to remove all patches and start from scratch, but it sounds like there is no way.
    EPR as everyone has been saying....

    Also the step-by-step instructions from the first page of this thread....

    What to do if you have updated with a problem patch installed:

    * In Preware Saved Packages List, hit Update to make sure it has the current list of installed packages.
    * In Save/Restore, save the application data for Preware, just in case.
    * In Preware, run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery)
    * In Preware, run EFV (Emergency File Verification) to confirm everything is removed
    * In Preware, go to the Saved Packages List, and re-install the packages. Don't hit update, or it will clear your list.
    * If for some reason, the Saved Packages List is not there, you can restore it from Save/Restore.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    * In Save/Restore, save the application data for Preware, just in case.
    * In Preware, run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery)
    * In Preware, run EFV (Emergency File Verification) to confirm everything is removed
    Thanks for re-posting this... But where are Save/Restore, EPR, and EFV? I cannot find them.
    Last edited by Jayfore; 08/13/2010 at 12:55 PM.
  19. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfore View Post
    Thanks for re-posting this... But where are Save/Restore, EPR, and EFV? I cannot find them.
    Preware --> List of Everything

    For EPR and EFV - type "emergency" and then you'll find it easily.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Preware --> List of Everything
    For EPR and EFV - type "emergency" and then you'll find it easily.
    Thanks! I see EPR and EFV there... But where is Save/Restore located? In the standard Palm tools, I only have Backup, and it seems to offer no option for backing up a specific app.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions