Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    This is kind of urgent.
    What is this urgent and why would that post worry you about that specific patch? Also please list exact title of patch.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    What is this urgent and why would that post worry you about that specific patch? Also please list exact title of patch.
    It just seemed to me like a patch that touched multiple parts of the phone. He listed that we would be able to send Audio/Video attachments through MMS.

The patch is called Audio/Video Attachments, made by fritos1406/dBsooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    It just seemed to me like a patch that touched multiple parts of the phone. He listed that we would be able to send Audio/Video attachments through MMS.

The patch is called Audio/Video Attachments, made by fritos1406/dBsooner.
    It only modifies the messaging app.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Correct me if I am wrong, but since the 1.4.5 change log says Palm has updated to allow the messaging app to send video, then shouldn't we remove patches like "audio/video attachment"? Seems kinda redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but since the 1.4.5 change log says Palm has updated to allow the messaging app to send video, then shouldn't we remove patches like "audio/video attachment"? Seems kinda redundant.
    Well yeah, that's where AUPT comes in, is that if that's updated, the patch is redundant, but doesn't affect the system. I just didn't know if the patch was multi- or whatever.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    1) In Preware Saved Packages List, hit Update to make sure it has the current list of installed packages.

2) In Save/Restore, save the application data for Preware, just in case.

3) In Preware, run EPR

4) In Preware, run EFV to confirm everything is removed

5) Accept the webOS 1.4.5 update

6) In Preware, go to the Saved Packages List, and re-install the packages. Don't hit update, or it will clear your list.

7) If for some reason, the Saved Packages List is not there, you can restore it from Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    so if the epr is ran, and efv verifies that files are still left, then what do you do next? is there no way to remove the defective patches- i have 2 = 15px Font with Bold Italics & Timestamps - Fancy... if the epr doesnt work can i not go in there and remove it in any other way, or must i doctor... wosqi sees the patches in device management but also cannot remove them
    I seem to be an ***** here...
    I can follow you up to the Save/Restore step in the directions but can't for the life of me figure out/find what EPR and EFV are in Preware... I get that they must remove the patches and then show it but can't figure out where it is in Preware.
    Thanks for helping!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirkcallaway View Post
    I seem to be an ***** here...
    I can follow you up to the Save/Restore step in the directions but can't for the life of me figure out/find what EPR and EFV are in Preware... I get that they must remove the patches and then show it but can't figure out where it is in Preware.
    Thanks for helping!
    EPR is emergency patch removal and EFV is emergency file verification(i think). Both are in Preware. Click on "list of everthing" and then start typing "emergency". That will bring up a list of items to include EPR and EFV.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    patches removed.. hope to see an update tomorrow.. 11:50pm in good ol texas
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigata1 View Post
    so if the epr is ran, and efv verifies that files are still left, then what do you do next? is there no way to remove the defective patches- i have 2 = 15px Font with Bold Italics & Timestamps - Fancy... if the epr doesnt work can i not go in there and remove it in any other way, or must i doctor... wosqi sees the patches in device management but also cannot remove them
    I'm in the same boat with "No Auto-Off While Charging". WOSQI did fix/remove "MultiMod" for me.
    I have a question. Everytime I install EPR it goes in and then Luna restarts but then nothing happens. I cant find a EPR program to run and my patches are still in place. The only way Ive been able to get everything out is delete the ones showing in installed packages myself and then do a webos repair. What am I doing wrong? Is my method as effective as EPR? Thanks.

Melissa
    I first want to say how much I appreciate the heads up.

It really pays to follow the webos-internals twitter feed, btw.

Anyway, if there is an easy way to generate it, could we have the list show for-sure problem packages in this update, and potential problem packages for future updates.

I'm kind of inclined to just remove them all (unless perhaps nearly all patches touch multiple packages...).

Anyway, thanks again for the heads up, and, for the record, I LOVE AUPT.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    I first want to say how much I appreciate the heads up.

It really pays to follow the webos-internals twitter feed, btw.

Anyway, if there is an easy way to generate it, could we have the list show for-sure problem packages in this update, and potential problem packages for future updates.

I'm kind of inclined to just remove them all (unless perhaps nearly all patches touch multiple packages...).

Anyway, thanks again for the heads up, and, for the record, I LOVE AUPT.

It's easy to find what patches touch multiple packages, but not all of those will be problems. There's no way to know which ones will have issues with a future update until the update is released to know which packages are being updated.

And a solution will hopefully be implemented before the next major release after 1.4.5

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by quota View Post
    Same here, updated (by accident ...) and "GestureClick Context Menu" failed to update/remove.

But with rwhitby's instructions from above I seem to have all my patches back and working without errors!

Thanks!
    Rod saves the day once again.
    Donate !
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I have a question. Everytime I install EPR it goes in and then Luna restarts but then nothing happens. I cant find a EPR program to run and my patches are still in place. The only way Ive been able to get everything out is delete the ones showing in installed packages myself and then do a webos repair. What am I doing wrong? Is my method as effective as EPR? Thanks.

Melissa
    This is how it should be. The EPR will not installing anything. It just runs a script.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    1) In Preware Saved Packages List, hit Update to make sure it has the current list of installed packages.

2) In Save/Restore, save the application data for Preware, just in case.

3) In Preware, run EPR

4) In Preware, run EFV to confirm everything is removed

5) Accept the webOS 1.4.5 update

6) In Preware, go to the Saved Packages List, and re-install the packages. Don't hit update, or it will clear your list.

7) If for some reason, the Saved Packages List is not there, you can restore it from Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    How do I "run EPR and EFV" in Preware (v1.1.4)?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    EPR is emergency patch removal and EFV is emergency file verification(i think). Both are in Preware. Click on "list of everthing" and then start typing "emergency". That will bring up a list of items to include EPR and EFV.
    I see "Emergency Patch Recovery" but not "Emergency Patch Removal"
    These DO NOT sound like the same thing. Are they?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    I see "Emergency Patch Recovery" but not "Emergency Patch Removal"
    These DO NOT sound like the same thing. Are they?
    People are accustomed to using the acronym and sometimes forget what the acronym stands for. You found EPR; there's only one.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    How do I "run EPR and EFV" in Preware (v1.1.4)?
    Originally Posted by Beach447
    EPR is emergency patch recovery and EFV is emergency file verification(i think). Both are in Preware. Click on "list of everthing" and then start typing "emergency". That will bring up a list of items to include EPR and EFV. Just click install for both although nothing is really installed. They are simply running a script.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast