Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Hide Quick Launch Bar and Bookmarks List Button were the two that got stuck- wouldn't update and wouldn't uninstall. Both should be on that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by partyjoker View Post
    Does anyone know if I need to remove FileMgr and or sysToolsMgr before the update?

Thanks
    I didn't remove FileMgr or sysToolsMgr before the update, and I didn't have any problems with them.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1)
    3) In Preware, run EPR

4) In Preware, run EFV to confirm everything is removed
    Please tell how to do these steps. I have been through the Preware app backwards and forwards for the last hour, and cannot find these actions. I have searched Application:Preware - WebOS Internals up and down, and can find no reference to these commands. Have also searched in the Preware 1.x thread.

Am I missing something really obvious??
    Is there an updated list or should I read all 11 pages... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnunesjr View Post
    Please tell how to do these steps. I have been through the Preware app backwards and forwards for the last hour, and cannot find these actions. I have searched Application:Preware - WebOS Internals up and down, and can find no reference to these commands. Have also searched in the Preware 1.x thread.

Am I missing something really obvious??
    Hi,

these are not actually Preware menu options but apps you access via Preware.
    You start Preware, and on the screen which opens after you have decided whether to update the feeds, you type Emergency; this calls up a list of all Emergency apps; run the two mentioned acronymically above.

Regards,

Jochen
    Quote Originally Posted by kyri View Post
    Hide Quick Launch Bar and Bookmarks List Button were the two that got stuck- wouldn't update and wouldn't uninstall. Both should be on that list.
    I didn't remove either of these....updated with no problem
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I didn't remove "Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS" before updating, and now I can neither remove, nor update it! I keep getting an IPKG error. Is there any way of removing or updating without doctoring? Thanks in advance!
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by LHKJohn View Post
    I didn't remove "Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS" before updating, and now I can neither remove, nor update it! I keep getting an IPKG error. Is there any way of removing or updating without doctoring? Thanks in advance!
    All from Preware.
    Yes back up your saved package list.
    Run emergency patch recovery
    Reboot
    Reinstall your patches.
    Luna

Pip
    Ok, deleted all patches. Did update. Won't let me install new patches. What did I do wrong?
    hey all...i'm new here and as well to the Palm device, Preware<------(which btw is what i think sold me on sticking around), webOS, HomebREwski, etc...so BiG UPs to all you developers and the like out there who help us recovering 'clackberry' addicts through the initial switch to 'PALMDOM'...cincerely, ThE (best) LaS VEGAn DJ (you never heard)...
    Last edited by djcin7; 10/13/2010 at 01:22 AM.
    Thank You Mr. Whitby...
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011