Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Whew! Ok, so installed the update, phone restarted, got to the new spinny-circle loading screen and ... nothing. Waited, still nothing. Phone started to get hot (I also had it plugged in to the charger to prevent any power loss during the update). Phone got so hot that I tossed in into the refrigerator. At this point its been 15 minutes, which is about how long they said the update would take. Still nothing, just the spinning circle. After an hour of checking and no progress, I pulled the battery and replaced it. Palm logo came up, then the circle, which was also animated this time. Message flashed at the bottom of the screen "Installing Update. Do Not Remove Battery." Took about 15-20 minutes, which the progress bar steadily loading around the spinney circle thing (which really needs a name, btw). Went back to Palm logo, booted to a "Successful Update Screen".

Don't know why the install initially hanged, but glad to see my phone back in order. Now, off to install all those updates!

EDIT
    Yes, I am on AT&T with a Palm Pre Plus
    I just updated my AT&T Pre and only had to remove the SMS Tone per Contact v2 patch.

I also left Uberkernel & Govnah installed on the phone.

No issues so far.

Thanks for all the help!
    Oh man, forgot how sloooowww the pre was at 500mHz. I recommend updating Uberkernel first, then doing a Luna restart. It will make the other updates hella faster (btw, I had 72 updates waiting for me when I first opened Preware after the update.)
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well, I had a difficult time with the update. Muffle logging seemed to be the biggest culprit, but I also had issues with System Menu Initial Framework, Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot, and Advanced Launcher Configuration. Here's how I got out of my mess (BIG thanks to webOS Internals and others who developed these tools):

1. Updated to 1.4.5
    2. Ran updates from Preware, which hung on trying to update Muffle System Logging
    3. Ran EPR (since I knew it would be the only way to correct the failed patch). EPR hung on something to do with md5sum, json doesn't exist (can't remember exact message).
    4. Closed EPR (threw off screen). Rebooted. EPR showing as installed, had to remove.
    5. Launch Preware - shows no patches installed. Tried reinstalling from saved list, got several errors about unreversed patches.
    6. Ran EFV - no issues
    7. Ran Emergency Reconstruction Utility
    8. Rebooted
    9. Ran Emergency Patch Installer
    10. Ran EPR - this time, no errors.
    11. Installed patches from Preware saved list, minus those that caused my issues.
    12. Full Reboot.
    13. Preware now showed updates available. Ran without issue.
    14. Done! (And for some reason, my phone is WAY faster on Luna restart now. No idea why, but used to take about 3 minutes, now takes 35 seconds.
    I forgot that I had multi-mod, I even went through the list and removed other patches that werent working.

I currently have 2 patches stuck Multi-mod, and Muffle System Logging. Anything I can do other than doctor? tried updating, uninstalling via preware and WOSQI
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Might have to add any "Hide Quick Launch Bar" patches to the list that should be removed before OTA update. That's the only patch I had that wouldn't update after the upgrade.

And yes, Luna Restarts are MUCH MUCH faster now. Literally, from minutes to seconds.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just downloaded 1.4.5 for AT&T with UberK, Govnah, and about 40 patches installed. Everything worked fine except I updated all of my patches at once and I missed that we're supposed to update the Quieter PmLog logging patch before the system log muffling patch. (Whoops)

I can't seem to update or remove the muffle system logging patch now. If anyone has any pointers for the fix, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Two Patches that refuse to reinstall following the OTA update. This has unfortunately been an all day event since earlier I had a "stuck" patch (not one of the MUST be removed prior to OTA update patches). I had 64 patches to reinstall and have 2 that won't and one I'm really hurting for.

This one I could live without:
    No Pause of Video on Screen Change

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 10898 100 10898 0 0 52531 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 69858
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-no-pause-of-video-on-screen-change
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":10, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":10 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-no-pause-of-video-on-screen-change.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/submission/76/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$private$/$metascene$.$videos$/$submission$/$76$/$javascript$/$assistants$/$nowplaying$-$assistant$.$js$
    |index b242152..d40d999 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/submission/76/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/submission/76/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored

remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-no-pause-of-video-on-screen-change from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-no-pause-of-video-on-screen-change.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

This one I'm dieing to get back!!
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 29192 100 29192 0 0 74842 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 147k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)

delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

I'm sure one of you PreCentral gods/goddessess have an answer for me.

Thanks in advance.
    Does anyone know if I need to remove FileMgr and or sysToolsMgr before the update?

Thanks
    quiklight, I had the same issue with 'Advanced Configuration in App Launcher', until I realized that the latest version of this patch covers even more ground - in my case uninstalling '4x4 Icons v5' and 'Unhide Dev Mode Icon' did the trick!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I just updated my AT&T Pre and only had to remove the SMS Tone per Contact v2 patch.

I also left Uberkernel & Govnah installed on the phone.

No issues so far.

Thanks for all the help!
    Took the post right out of my fingers.
    I own two pre + s The first one I updated went perfect following the steps here. The second one did not.

On the second, all was well til I tried to reinstall my patches from the saved patch list. Then I got an ERROR INSTALLING .IPK... blah blah...

So, I tried to install just one of my old patches from the list. FAIL
    So. I tried to install a new patch... FAIL

So I tried to install an APP from the app list in PW. worked. also saw that it launched the App Catalog. So I thought maybe since I had not removed uber kernal, that may have broke it... nope,

Finally, I removed and re-installed Preware... FIXED!!!

Big sigh of relief...
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I own two pre + s The first one I updated went perfect following the steps here. The second one did not.

On the second, all was well til I tried to reinstall my patches from the saved patch list. Then I got an ERROR INSTALLING .IPK... blah blah...

So, I tried to install just one of my old patches from the list. FAIL
    So. I tried to install a new patch... FAIL

So I tried to install an APP from the app list in PW. worked. also saw that it launched the App Catalog. So I thought maybe since I had not removed uber kernal, that may have broke it... nope,

Finally, I removed and re-installed Preware... FIXED!!!

Big sigh of relief...
    I suspect you had your feeds set to update manually, and you didn't update your feeds after the OTA update.

You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle just by updating your feeds ...

-- Rod
    I still can't get the inverted keyboard brightness patch to work. Anyone else?
  15.    #195  
    Added a couple of patches to first post.

Muffle System Logging and Quieter PmLog Logging

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I still can't get the inverted keyboard brightness patch to work. Anyone else?
    Works fine here. Sorry to hear your having issues with it. The patch is awesome.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Added a couple of patches to first post.

Muffle System Logging and Quieter PmLog Logging
    You probably should add the System Menu patches/Top Bar patches by Sconix to the list. They should be removed prior to updating to 1.4.5. Of course install them right away after the update, cause they rock!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    On AT&T, just updated to 1.4.5 and ran the PreWare patch updates. Mostly worked, except for Additional Contact Labels and the Hide QUick Launch Bar in Launcher Only. So...I need to run the Emergency Patch Installer? Or the Emergency Patch Recovery?
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)[/COLOR]
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

I'm sure one of you PreCentral gods/goddessess have an answer for me.

Thanks in advance.
    You have a patch installed for hiding the PDF Viewer and the patch for unhiding the dev mode icon. Remove them and you should be good to go with the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher (ACAL) patch. If you still have problems installing/updating the ACAL patch, check out the wiki for help.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery_2.1.1_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._2.1.1_all.ipk 2>&1
    curl: (6) Resolving host timed out: ipkg.preware.org

This is what I get when I try to download the EPR, and the EFV just hangs on one file downloading (Large picture something) is there something I did wrong?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast