1.    #1  
    DOES ANY ONE HAVE AN APP FOR MISSED CAllS AND VIOCE MAIL ALERTS FOR THE PALM PRE , THIS REALLY SUCKS NO TONE ALERT FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO CHECK THE SCREEN FOR MISSED CALLS AND VOICE MAILS .
    Whats with the caps lol. And you're kidding right? You want alerts for voice mails and missed calls..

I believe some dev can do this with relative ease.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    The patch Notification Repeat will repeat the missed call notification every 2 minutes until you dismiss it.

Info on the patch: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2041604

Instructions for installing Preware: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
    Last edited by cas_esq; 07/02/2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added links

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    I get tone alerts for both, and I don't have a patch for it.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I get tone alerts for both, and I don't have a patch for it.....
    x2

Unless he's talking about repeating notification..... but he didn't mention that in the OP.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    The OP mentioned not wanting to check the screen. I took that to mean that he (or she) was missing the initial alert tone and didn't want to check the screen for the notification.

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    The OP mentioned not wanting to check the screen. I took that to mean that he (or she) was missing the initial alert tone and didn't want to check the screen for the notification.
    I was assuming the same thing, but the nature of the OP figured I would mention that it does make that initial noise. Also, flashing LED? Still don't have to check the screen.... technically
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    x2

Unless he's talking about repeating notification..... but he didn't mention that in the OP.
    Not to mention the dashboard notification area...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    But for all options -- other than the repeat notification patch -- you must take the phone out of your purse (or wherever you may keep it when it's not visible). That's why I use the patch. I frequently don't hear the messaging alert the first time, and I don't want to remove my phone from my purse and pull it out of its case to check.

I wouldn't voice my complaint in the same way as the OP, of course. Fortunately, the fix is relatively easy.

I am with ya..... trust me when my phone is in its soft case (and on vibrate all day) I always miss notifications. Thankfully I can keep it on my desk most of the day and I usually do since it is usually tethered to the USB charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I was assuming the same thing, but the nature of the OP figured I would mention that it does make that initial noise. Also, flashing LED? Still don't have to check the screen.... technically
    I was thinking the OP meant the ability to choose different tones for voicemails and missed calls based on contact.

The phone itself doesn't recognize who sent a voicemail, but it might be possible to create selective tone choice for the reminder based on contact.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    The patch Notification Repeat will repeat the missed call notification every 2 minutes until you dismiss it.

Info on the patch: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2041604

Instructions for installing Preware: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Hi there I git everything installed and still cannot find the missed call alery can you e-mail to me or post it here .
  13.    #13  
    Cna you help with this .
  14.    #14  
    Hi there I down loaed the info and still cannot get the missed call alert every two minutes to work can you send it to me .
    did you try typing "notification repeat" or something in preware?
    in Preware go to "Available Patchs" then "Phone" and then "Notification Repeat" and select "Install".

What version of WebOS are you running?
    Is this patch supposed to work for all missed events(email,text,phone,voice)? I installed with preware and it did not work. any suggestions?
    There are separate patches for various events (I think there are 3 different versions for different types of events)
    thanks i just found them! forgot to set wait time before notification.
    Last edited by Mjclaypool; 07/15/2010 at 12:48 PM.