1.    #1  
    I noticed an update in preware about 20 minutes ago so I started it and it said install some virtual keyboard theme something or other, which I did, then a luna restart, then went back to update virtual keyboard and it's just sitting here. It says

"Downloading / Updating
    Reverting file /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/.themes/LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e/protrait/uppercase/n.png"

Anyone else having probs or done successfully, and what should I do?
    Last edited by determinedd; 10/27/2011 at 03:36 PM.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    It takes a while, be patient.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I am having the same issue. I did the update last night and this morning it shows another update available. Also, the same thing is happening to for save/restore. I'm not sure why this is doing this.
  4.    #4  
    still sitting with spinning circle.....just checked internalz and the folder structure is there but no files....will wait

Update: I gave up and restarted the phone and ran the update again and it completed in about 2 minutes but now VKB doesn't work at all. Next I'll try to unpatch and repatch...
    Last edited by determinedd; 10/27/2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: update
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  5.    #5  
    So this is what I currently have after attempting to install again (haven't done a clean install yet). So I lost the default themes and configuration when installing the default themes and configuration patch....who knew! Enough playing around though, time to repatch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by determinedd; 10/27/2011 at 03:36 PM.
    this happened to me lastnight . I removed (erased ) it then usb mode to delete my vkb folder that sometime is left over . Installed it again and works like a charm..
    I just did ERP via quick install, removed the VKB from the install list on preware, reinstalled all patches, then did the VKB separate. Found a few themes, installed them and now everything's running smoothly. I think it even did a fat-finger correction, or am I mistaken?
    also lost my keyboard after trying to install update. unpatched and repatched, still have skelaton keyboard like dagumcp. removed it all together will try to reinstall later. noticed preware stuck in loop, restarted and it ran ok, still no functional virt. keyboard though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    So this is what I currently have after attempting to install again (haven't done a clean install yet). So I lost the default themes and configuration when installing the default themes and configuration patch....who knew! Enough playing around though, time to repatch.
    That's what I have been getting. I have tried every suggestion, but I still can't get the patch to work like it did before.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

what I did was open preware and go into list of everything and start typing virtual then uninstall keyboard and anything else the says default keyborad themes. Then install the clean up virtual keyboard file patch . Then reinstall the keyboard and restart phone. Then install themes and restart. Then keyboard will work. At least this worked for me.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->