Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. Im trying to install the SMS tone per contact patch and it wont install. I did have this patch installed earlier (it has been for some time and worked fine) but it was taken out with webos repair utility because I had a theme installed that would not go away earlier today. Ive tried through webosqi and Preware both give me an error and I tried the v2 patch and that wouldnt work either. Can someone help with this? I dont know how to get to the log thingy here to tell the error other than to email it to myself and copy it here and Im not even sure if this is the whole log (is it? sorry Im new to these things) so this is what I have:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11070 100 11070 0 0 16749 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 29363
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Does any of this help? Thanks very much.

Melissa
    Did you install the Messaging Plugins Patch? If you did, you cannot install this patch!

From what I understand, install this patch first, then install the Messaging Plugins.

Greg over in the Messaging Plugin forum, is going to try and fix that issue in the next update to his patch after we get the upgrade from Pam.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

3.    #3  
    No I dont have the message plugins. Yahoo is all I need and it works without it.
  4.    #4  
    The plugins I have installed are:

Message Privacy
    Character Counter
    Per-Contact Call Rejection
    Sign In As Invisible in IM

Dont know if that list will help any.

Melissa
    If you have any other patches that touch the same files as the sms patch, you may have to remove them first before it will install.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #6  
    Ok Im running the webos repair again. Ill try to install this patch before any others and see if that works.

Melissa
    I tired several different avenues to get it to uninstall for my Pre,finally ended up having to doctor it to get rid of all the misc. code and empty selection boxes it left behind in the OS.

Just heads up, tired removed related patches, Repair utility, Emergency Patch recovery, none of them worked. The Doctor gave me the cure I needed.

I have all my homebrew downloaded to my PC for easy one time reinstall through WOSQI. Once you get it down, Dr'ing isn't that big of a pain. I have done it three times all by choice, never had to due to system failure.

Also WOSQI can do a one time, batch application of patches, that is really handy.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  8.    #8  
    Ok yeah it didn't work. If I dr I'll lose all my game status so it's not woth doing that for me. Bummer. It's my fave patch too *sigh*

Melissa
    the per contact call rejection is conflicting..
    have you looked into save/restore? Is your game listed there? if it is, you can doctor and just restore your game save.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I have all my homebrew downloaded to my PC for easy one time reinstall through WOSQI. Once you get it down, Dr'ing isn't that big of a pain. I have done it three times all by choice, never had to due to system failure.

Also WOSQI can do a one time, batch application of patches, that is really handy.
    ditto. doctoring right now. the only restore item that is tedious is add pages and then moving all the icons back to where i want them - LOL
    Actually i found my palm profiles saved my launcher page data, and the icon arrangement.

5 launcher pages...

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Actually i found my palm profiles saved my launcher page data, and the icon arrangement.

5 launcher pages...
    interesting, I will have to pay attention to it this time; maybe it did do it last time. I am not overly observant these days.

doctor is done... it's currently restoring my profile.

EDIT: interesting ... i have 9 launcher pages and they ARE all there. i guess since it was a patch i thought they'd be lost. i like it!
    Last edited by tsnum4; 07/01/2010 at 04:56 PM.
  14.    #14  
    My games are on the list. My other fear is for the longest time basically several months from launch day I couldn't use IM for yahoo. After a few dr's it suddenly started working. I'm so afraid if I dr it will stop working again.
    hm, It would be worth it to me, are you using SMS per tone or SMS per tone v2. I went to v2, because it only adds the SMS tone and not the notification sounds.

I agree with the author of v2, a patch should only do one thing, and do it well. downloaded the homebrew MyNotifications for changing my other sounds. Generic SMS tone can be changed through the SMS app.

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    . I went to v2, because it only adds the SMS tone and not the notification sounds. hm, It would be worth it to me, are you using SMS per tone or SMS per tone v2

I agree with the author of v2, a patch should only do one thing, and do it well. downloaded the homebrew MyNotifications for changing my other sounds. Generic SMS tone can be changed through the SMS app.

when i used the V2 patch, i wasnt getting notifications if I had the message app already open, I would only get them when the app was closed. I went back to the original SMS patch and the notifications came back no matter if app was open or closed.
    I do have to admit that I did not do a full process of elimination to rule out conflicting patches. Maybe as I reload patches, I'll do V2 first.

and I do have to agree, the DR isnt that bad, I don't play many games so I dont have to worry about losing scores. But I would rather have a fully functioning phone than keep my high scores
    I have never had an issue with it not notifying me. Hope the Doctor helped.

18.    #18  
    Butters - How do I save my homebrews to my pc? I have no idea at all. Thanks.

Melissa
    Go to apps on the top bar of the front-page-> go to homebrew apps -> find the apps you want to download-> click on the app link -> when you are at the app details page scroll down the page where it says download options there should be a link to download the IPK file to your computer.

You can sideload them onto your pre via WOSQI. It does not matter if they are the most current version as they can be updated to current using preware.

20.    #20  
    Ok so I do the thing to save my games, my homebrews then I do a backup yes? Then do the dr and I should get back all of my contacts, apps and such?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast