Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Run save/restore (this will save game data/SMS/launcher info/etc.), go to the back-up app and manually do a back-up so you have a "current" version. Make a list of what homebrews you have installed, and download the corresponding files, then Doctor the phone.

Any data on the USB portion (music, photos, wallpapers) of the phone will not be touched during the Dr'ing process.

After you have Dr'ed the phone it will reload your palm profile (apps, messaging accounts, calendars, contacts, etc). Reload save/restore and restore the saved data to its previous state.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  2.    #22  
    Ok! I think Ive got it! Thank u so so much. I really do appreciate it.

Melissa
  3.    #23  
    Oh geeze now Im worried. I started the dr and it kept saying charging battery for about 5 mins then it said the phone had been unplugged from the comp which it had not been. I restarted the dr and for a good 5 or so mins now it says checking systel and the novacomd box is up but the green progress bar thingy isnt moving.
    it stalls and is laggy at times, but it should finish. if not take the battery out hold the volume up key, replace the battery, a USB symbol should come on the screen, then plug it in and start the dr.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    after dr. and after you sign back into your palm profile. all of your App Catalog apps, Any email accounts you have set-up, and all your contacts are restored from your profile backup.

in my experience, the DR does not erase the USB drive of the pre (my music, wallpapers, ringtones, etc...) are still there after I dr.
  6.    #26  
    I finally got it! It took several hours and many tries. Everything came back nicely. Once I got it running it was actually the smoothest dr Ive done and Ive done a few. Even the backed up games came back which made me happy! my only issue is my SMS tones r suddenly very very quiet. I have it turned up but I can barely hear them. Not sure why. Im still working on figuring that out. I did get the patch to finally install though which was the goal in the first place. Thanks again for all the help! If I could thank u all a thousand times I would!

Melissa

Edit to add: Actually my husband just sent me a text and it was loud enough. Apparently its just the preview sound being quiet. Im good! Thanks again!
    Last edited by haapala; 07/02/2010 at 07:45 AM.
    glad to see it worked!!
    I am trying to remove this patch and get the following error:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact-v2.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any suggestions? I have an ATT Pre+
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12