1.    #1  
    Hi!
    I was wondering, is there a patch to add MORE apps to the quick launch bar? I'm not talking about rearanging or changing the apps in the quick launch bar, cuz I already know how to do that. Right now I have my contacts, the browser, my music, messaging, and the launcher in quick launch bar. Is there a possible way to add MORE apps to the quick launch bar?
    not currently possible. I've started using universal search to launch apps, so I find myself not wishing for that quite so much. I just start typing the name of the app because I have 10 launcher pages and I can't remember where the apps are some times.

I hope that helps.
    I'm having to universal search as well, more and more as my list of apps continues to grow. I've ditched contacts because of universal search as well. I would certainly love to get rid of the launcher icon, as an up gesture is no more work and I could have one more useful shortcut.
    Been requested many times before, not happening any time soon.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Is there any chance someone will eventually do this? I could really use JUST ONE MORE SPOT (maybe 2) on that bar.... dang it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Is there any chance someone will eventually do this? I could really use JUST ONE MORE SPOT (maybe 2) on that bar.... dang it.
    Nope. It's not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Nope. It's not possible.
    Figured. Does anyone know what it is about the webOS architecture that makes it not possible? With how easy it is to patch webOS, you'd think there'd be some way to do it. Drats.
    I'd settle for a patch to remove the app launch arrow in favor of a more useful app.
    Well, there is an homebrew app out called Quick System Tasks, which sits as a notification icon on your task screen and if you press it, the notification banner pops up and you can add five different things there - quick link to turn off phone/data/gps or icons for apps. Not as elegant as just using the quick launch bar, but helpful. Here's an old screenshot of mine that shows it, the dash minimizes to a normal notification icon of the computer icon.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Figured. Does anyone know what it is about the webOS architecture that makes it not possible? With how easy it is to patch webOS, you'd think there'd be some way to do it. Drats.
    It is part of the LunaSysMgr binary (compiled) which makes it tough to patch (and if one were to decompile it and patch it, then recompile it, it would be illegal to redistribute).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Ah. Greek to me. But accepted as fact. ;-) Oh well. Is there at least a patch where you can remove/replace the launcher icon in the Quick Launch bar? Seems kind of redundant to force it to be there, when you can just swipe up to bring it up.
    Ah. Greek to me. But accepted as fact. ;-) Oh well. Is there at least a patch where you can remove/replace the launcher icon in the Quick Launch bar? Seems kind of redundant to force it to be there, when you can just swipe up to bring it up.
    Nope. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Nope. Lol
    Probably for the same reason Arthur mentioned, I'd guess.

#PAAAAAAALM!!!!

;-)