Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    If it's not in the compatible list, it means that the patch hasn't been updated yet. This list is just an initial batch of updated patches. Other patches will be updated and become available later. In the meantime, a placeholder patch will be listed; you will receive an update alert when the updated patch is available.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Everything works great, except "Music Player Remix" is unable to install on 1.4.5 and my previous Theme is not displayed with all Icons anymore.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MNSchmidt View Post
    Everything works great, except "Music Player Remix" is unable to install on 1.4.5.
    That app has a thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post1840343. I'm sure the developer would appreciate any information you can provide about your installation error.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have the 800Mhz overclock script installed. What will happen if I update to 1.4.5 ?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by apeh2000 View Post
    I have the 800Mhz overclock script installed. What will happen if I update to 1.4.5 ?
    You should uninstall it correctly first and use UberKernel and Govnah from Preware instead.

-- Rod
    do we know if this update is fixing the problem with not being able to add/sms a contact?? or do you or anyone else have a fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    No, I have the same patches than before the update, and it was working fine.
    The launcher patches I have are:
    4x4 icons v3
    Enable add delete pages
    Gesture tap for Info and Delete
    Advanced options in launcher
    Hide music player app
    Hide quick launch bar in launcher only
    Remove Icon title
    Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    can you send me your webos-patches.log (get from USB mode or /media/internal/webos-patches.log)
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    Deleting the launcher patches and installing the named pages patch first worked, thanks for the advice!
    Eric, do you still need the patch log?
    Hello.

I have just updated to 1.4.5 through Bell, and have the Named Pages issue. uninstalled all other launcher patches, still unable to remove/add Named Pages.

Looked through the webos-patches log, saw this:

----------------------------------
    dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 265 (offset 2 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 285 (offset 2 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 306 (offset 2 lines).
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html
    The next patch would create the file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/rename-page.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/rename-page.html.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

so I renamed* the two existing files above, and voila! patch was removeable by Preware.

had previously done a preware saved package list, and voila! installed in one shot all the launcher patches i had previously manually removed, including the named pages.

All good.

(*- renamed files using webos quick install - linux command line - mv command)
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Rod,

I recently updated my Bell Pre to 1.4.5. The transfer went pretty flawlessly except that I forgot to remove a theme. All my patches have come back except Jason Robitaille's "Reset Options on Power Button Hold" which will not install for some reason.

The only weirdness I've noticed, however, is that neither QI nor Preware are recognizing the apps installed on the device. The only one's it is recognizing are those which were updated from the App Catalog after the 1.4.5 update. The App Catalog still recognizes all my installed apps but neither QI nor Preware recognize them.

Can you troubleshoot this problem and is anyone else having it?

P.S. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but I don't see an official 1.4.5 problem thread...yet.

Also....forgot to note that the theme I left on the Pre is still there but it does not appear in Preware as "installed". It was the Black-Out theme which is relatively minimalist as it basically affects the phone app only.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Rod,

I recently updated my Bell Pre to 1.4.5. The transfer went pretty flawlessly except that I forgot to remove a theme. All my patches have come back except Jason Robitaille's "Reset Options on Power Button Hold" which will not install for some reason.

The only weirdness I've noticed, however, is that neither QI nor Preware are recognizing the apps installed on the device. The only one's it is recognizing are those which were updated from the App Catalog after the 1.4.5 update. The App Catalog still recognizes all my installed apps but neither QI nor Preware recognize them.

Can you troubleshoot this problem and is anyone else having it?

P.S. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but I don't see an official 1.4.5 problem thread...yet.

Also....forgot to note that the theme I left on the Pre is still there but it does not appear in Preware as "installed". It was the Black-Out theme which is relatively minimalist as it basically affects the phone app only.
    Run the ERU.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    top-bar-data-in-device-menu

does apply cleanly but doesn't work for me. After Luna restart the device menu is already open, without any new entry, but doesn't close if tap on the area around. Had some difficulties to eventually close the device menu, and then uninstalled it promptly since it was obviously broken. At least on my GSM Pre (1.4.5).
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Run the ERU.

-- Rod
    As usual, you guys make things so easy for webOS users! Worked flawlessly!
    Uh oh. No VKB ready (unless I missed it). Hopefully won't be long...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    UberCalendar and "Snooze Duration Selection" Install but do not work correctly for me. Bell Canada 1.4.5.
    Keep up the great work guys! We all appreciate it immensely, even if we aren't very vocal about it.
    Chaos begets chaos...
    Bypass PIN is a must for me. Keep up the good work
    messaging-delete-all-conversations-and-texts

This one is 1.4.5 ready but not on the list. No worries, am sure it'll fill in once the updates come in from patchers.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Rod,

I had upgraded my previous Pre Plus to 1.4.5 via the dev program, but my current one is still on 1.4.1. Is it an error that many or most of my patches are trying to upgrade themselves to 1.4.5 versions? Will they work on 1.4.1? Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    After doctoring to 1.4.5, I forgot to install System Menu Initial Framework.

Now that it is installed, Snooze Duration Selection is still not working properly.

I'm getting a transparent list of Durations.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by givver View Post
    UberCalendar and "Snooze Duration Selection" Install but do not work correctly for me. Bell Canada 1.4.5.

I just submitted an update to the Snooze Duration Selection for 1.4.5.
    I put something together real quick in Excel. Email the output of /media/internal/.webosinternals.patches.packages to yourself.

• Copy/paste that into Column A
    • Insert this formula without quotes into Column B "=MID(A1,28,LEN(A1)-34)" and drag down to match the number of rows in Column A
    • Copy/paste the list of patches from post 1 in this thread into Column C
    • Insert this formula without quotes into Column D "=VLOOKUP(B:B,C:C,1,FALSE)" and drag down to match number of rows in Column A

It will show a match if your patch is in the list, and show "#N/A" if that patch is not in the patched list.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast