1.    #1  
    I've noticed a bunch of people asking for more reminder time options for calendar events and it seems the patches that are currently out there may not have the exact configuration many folks want. I put together my own patch to add more options for calendar event reminder times and I have included the patches "Edit Item as New" and "Wrap Location Field" since they are handy & modify the same file.

Additional Reminder Time Options for Regular Events Include:
    45, 90, 150 & 210 Minutes (note: 5 & 10 minute reminders removed)
    2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 23, 36, 60 & 84 Hours
    2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 Days
    1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 & 52 Weeks

Additional Reminder Time Options for All Day Events Include:
    12, 23, 36, 60 & 84 Hours
    4, 5 & 6 Days
    2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 & 52 Weeks

Note that feature updates & support are limited! I am a busy engineer and only did this out of my need to have more options. Suggestions are fine, but updates will be rather rare & limited, so if anyone wants to update & add some features go ahead.

I have submitted this to the PreWare feed to make it easy to install. The alternative is to download from the link below & install using WebOSQI.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 4wheels; 06/30/2010 at 06:46 PM.
    Perfect! Just what I'd been waiting for. Thank you for this!
  3.    #3  
    Patch went live on Preware yesterday!
    I just noticed that this wasn't listed in the "Safe for 1.4.5" list. I assume it's because it's a new patch and the list wasn't updated, but I'd like to know for sure. Should I delete this patch before 1.4.5 update?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGozniak View Post
    I just noticed that this wasn't listed in the "Safe for 1.4.5" list. I assume it's because it's a new patch and the list wasn't updated, but I'd like to know for sure. Should I delete this patch before 1.4.5 update?
    I don't know if it's safe for 1.4.5 or not, as I don't have a copy of the WebOS doctor file for 1.4.5 yet. When Palm releases 1.4.5 for the US and the doctor, I can check myself. I guess I could look at one of the foreign versions & see if the structure looks the same, but I couldn't really test it myself. Until I get a chance to check it out, if unsure about a patch it's always safer to remove it, then try reinstalling after the update. I tried this when developing the patch and didn't experience any adverse effects on my calendar.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGozniak View Post
    It looks like you're safe to leave it installed for the update. Preware & webos internals uses "AUPT" or auto update patch technology, and I checked the feeds and it looks like it's currently packaged & in feeds up to v1.4.5