Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    As of either yesterday or today the Facebook chat spoof no longer works; here is the fix for it.

Doing a ping of chat.facebook.com shows that Facebook changed the ip address to 69.63.181.105, it was previously 69.63.181.104. So for those of you that know how just update your hosts file.

For those that don't: I have edited Jason Robitaille's patch and attached it below. Just remove the old Facebook chat spoof patch, install this new one and restart luna. Simple as that.

*Edit* 7-16-10 Facebook chat is broken once again. Not sure on the fix.

So this time I could not login to Facebook on my Palm Pre nor Adium (via Jabber) on my Mac. Adium gets stuck during authentication while trying to login. If I set up my account as an actual Facebook account in Adium it works just fine. This leads me to believe that Facebook changed something with authentication while using Jabber. I don't know enough about this stuff to fix it but I know it's going to take more than just a Hosts file edit.

*edit* 7-18-10 It seems like the second issue was server side, it's working just fine again with the patch attached to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TheInvsbleMan; 07/21/2010 at 08:03 PM.
    malberto likes this.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    can this be updated for the Preware patch from webos internals? Definitely not down with downloading patches directly from the web these days.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  3.    #3  
    I'm submitting it to webos-internals as we speak but you can trust me
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Yeah, okay....Invisible Man! LOL Something reeks of shadiness!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  5.    #5  
    Well I have no coding experience but a simple hosts file edit is simple enough for me. If you don't trust my patch just use webosquickinstall.

1. receive file /etc/hosts
    2. Open it in notepad or another text editor
    3. Scroll to the bottom and change
    Code:
    69.63.181.104 talk.google.com
    to
    Code:
    69.63.181.105 talk.google.com
    4. Save the file and send it back to /etc/ via WOSQI
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is even necessary - I do have the half green available indicator however my google chat appears to be fine sending and receiving
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    Well I have no coding experience but a simple hosts file edit is simple enough for me. If you don't trust my patch just use webosquickinstall.

Code:
    to
    Code:
    Can't wait for the new version of Internalz, we'll be able to do something like this entirely on the phone then.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Thanks TheInvsbleMan Going To Install It Now! Hopefully It'll Work! Thanks Again!
  9.    #9  
    No problem. Remember to remove the old patch first.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Definitely not down with downloading patches directly from the web these days.
    Just curious, any particular reason why?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    So funny that this was just resolved! I was right in the middle of changing my hosts file after finding the ip changed as well. I went to post my findings and noticed this thread linked right under my post. So for anyone wondering if this is an accurate fix, it is! if you dont believe it just ping chat.facebook.com from cmd line and you will find the new ip address. Thus needing to be changed. I was having a problem replacing my hosts file after changing the address but I will just use the new patch! will post back success
    Works great, thanx.
    and its a go! good work all!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post

Code:
    to
    Code:
    Thank you! Got it fixed and learned something new!
    Worked great for me too! thanks!
    any way to get this via terminal? I don't have a comouter so it's gotta be preware or terminal for me.
    Yes can someone from webos internals or preware, please update the patch with the new ip adress.
    Works for me too. I do have two extracurricular questions on this, though.

1. Does anyone know if the garbage collection routine performed by the JsTop application have any negative effects on running facebook chat or cause it to stop communicating with the server? And what about if you set that to enable auto GC while facebook chat is installed and running?

2. What does it mean when sometimes you have a half green/half yellow indicator, but everything still appears to work? Does this mean the phone senses an intermittant issue or does this mean something else?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Works Now....Awesome
    Maaaan my other message full of Spanish didn't post. Anywho, I don't have internet on my computer anymore but I have Preware on my phone. Solutions?
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast