Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    i had the chat working with the mods to the ip, and this morning it wasnt working, (half Green Cricle) i did webos repair utility, epr, and reinstalled everything, now i get, "username or password invalid. Try again.

i did try several times, i even removed the patch, and used the install method as opposed to the modify method. I am certain i am using the proper login, too. not my email, but my username.
    Dont know what else i could be doing wrong...
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDizzo View Post
    i had the chat working with the mods to the ip, and this morning it wasnt working, (half Green Cricle) i did webos repair utility, epr, and reinstalled everything, now i get, "username or password invalid. Try again.

i did try several times, i even removed the patch, and used the install method as opposed to the modify method. I am certain i am using the proper login, too. not my email, but my username.
    Dont know what else i could be doing wrong...
    Go into your Facebook account settings on Facebook itself. Check the security settings in there to see if you have it set to only allow certain devices to use your account. If that doesn't work please post your hosts file and I will try to troubleshoot.
    I guess I just had to uninstall and reinstall it a few more times, because it's working now. But, my settings online were all good. Thanks for the help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    Actually it seems the issue was on the server side. The chat is working again with no fixes needed. I think their authentication server was down or something, but it's working now.

I do have a username.
    I did download and install the patch via Preware (today).
    I did try to add this via the messaging "add new account" option.

This is what I get every time.

"Could not connect to the server. Try again."
  5.    #105  
    J_grouchy that quote was in regards to a different problem. The updated patch in this thread is the one you need. The one in Preware still has not been updated. Sorry for the confusion.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Installed the patch 2 days ago and nothing was working. Checked and found this thread after opening hosts file I saw it was still using the old ip. You can edit it form any terminal using vi or nano. Hope the patch in preware gets updated quick as he only has to change 1 digit should not be that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I do have a username.
    I did download and install the patch via Preware (today).
    I did try to add this via the messaging "add new account" option.

This is what I get every time.

"Could not connect to the server. Try again."
    Ditto... so if anyone has a fix, please let us know.

Thanks.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by JGriff View Post
    Ditto... so if anyone has a fix, please let us know.

Thanks.

Jim
    Sorry... went back and read all of the previous posts again... looks like I need the new patch... not yet available via Preware. I'll check back... gonna' wait until it's in Preware.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JGriff View Post
    Sorry... went back and read all of the previous posts again... looks like I need the new patch... not yet available via Preware. I'll check back... gonna' wait until it's in Preware.

Thanks!
    Same here. Connecting to my computer is too much of a pain in the neck.
  10.    #110  
    I submitted the patch to Preware the day I fixed it, but for some reason webosinternals hasn't actually added it to Preware yet.
    1st sign in does take awhile. Still waiting for it to sign in now. about oh 5 minutes. and it just finished. So yeah works wonderfully and glad to see this fixed. thanks a lot!!
    do i just drag and drop that download on the first page?
    so whats up with preware lately, i havent seen a new patch in like 2 months, and this facebook chat patch has been inoperable for the past month. If all it takes is changing the ip address, what is taking so long. I know there are workarounds like using quickinstall to load the updated patch, or just changing the ip adress my self. but i feel safer doing everything through preware, and im sure many people feel the same way. if it wasnt for preware i probably would have never even considering entering the world of homebrew.
    how exactly does this work?
    i made a facebook and would like to use this?
    please someone help
    any1?
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    how exactly does this work?
    i made a facebook and would like to use this?
    please someone help
    basically once the patch is installed you can use the built in messenger to communicate through facebook's chat system. you create your account through Gtalk with your username on facebook@chat.facebook.com and your facebook password as your password.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  17.    #117  
    The patch has made it to Preware. Feel free to install/update from there if you have not already done so.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Did that the other day and today I am unable to change my status to "Available" Only thing new since I last signed in was I updated my Facebook Beta App. Any thoughts?

Basically what it does is tries to sign in (spinning wheel) for about 5 seconds and then just goes back to 'Offline' Trying removing the account and readding....will follow up with results.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    It appears this is a server issue....possibly FB.....once removed and added back, could not sign in: 'Could not connect to the server. Try Again' message
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Is this broken again? Worked great all day yesterday. Logged out and went to log back in last night and since then, it is acting like it did before and that the IP or something is wrong. Anyone else or is my phone being stupid?