Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    How do I get to the Cmd line in the Pre Plus? not all of us are Computer Techies Gurus.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    does not work for me. No longer says cannot connect to server though. Now it says my email or password is incorrect. Which is impossible because I've checked it many many times. I hope I'm doing something wrong but I'm thinking it's just not gonna work for me. Any idea? And yes my username is activated.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    just edit the hosts files...chat is now working again..thanks...but i have one question..how did you find out about the I.P address change??
    At all of those who had problems logging in to facebook even after they changed the ip adress: what worked for me was just to set "enable avatars" to "true" during the setup of the facebook chat using google talk

hope that was helpful
  5.    #85  
    If you are having issues with this patch please reply with your hosts file attached and I will try to help you.

To get your hosts file:

Use WOSQI

Click Tools-->receive file
    In the "File" box type /etc/hosts
    Choose a destination on your computer to save it to
    Click "Get from device!"

Attach that file to your reply post and I will take a look and try to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by fubka View Post
    do you HAVE to sign up for the facebook URL / screen name to get this to work? Thanks!
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    just edit the hosts files...chat is now working again..thanks...but i have one question..how did you find out about the I.P address change??
    I knew in advance how this patch works so when I discovered I could no longer login to Facebook chat from my Pre I decided to ping chat.facebook.com; when you ping a domain name the ip address is also displayed in the response. Sure enough the ip address had changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    If you are having issues with this patch please reply with your hosts file attached and I will try to help you.

To get your hosts file:

Use WOSQI

Click Tools-->receive file
    In the "File" box type /etc/hosts
    Choose a destination on your computer to save it to
    Click "Get from device!"

Attach that file to your reply post and I will take a look and try to help you.

Yes

I knew in advance how this patch works so when I discovered I could no longer login to Facebook chat from my Pre I decided to ping chat.facebook.com; when you ping a domain name the ip address is also displayed in the response. Sure enough the ip address had changed.
    Since I'm doing everything strait from my phone I cant send you the file directly so i copied and pasted all of it, so here it is:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain
    127.0.0.1 palm-webos-device
    69.63.181.104 talk.google.com
    69.63.181.105 talk.google.com

Hope this works.
  7.    #87  
    It seems you still have the entry in there for the old ip address as well. Remove the "69.63.181.104 talk.google.com" line then save the file.
    i uninstalled the original patch in preware, installed the new one with quick install. Then i tried creating a new Google talk account using the email i made my facebook account with, but instead of "@yahoo.com" i'm using "@chat.facebook.com" and i'm using my current Facebook password. i am getting "user name or password is invalid."

any clues anyone?

BIG FAN, Jason
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by davish457 View Post
    i uninstalled the original patch in preware, installed the new one with quick install. Then i tried creating a new Google talk account using the email i made my facebook account with, but instead of "@yahoo.com" i'm using "@chat.facebook.com" and i'm using my current Facebook password. i am getting "user name or password is invalid."

any clues anyone?

BIG FAN, Jason
    You don't use the e-mail address you used to create your Facebook account. You need to use your Facebook username which is in your Facebook account settings. I posted a link a few posts up which will give you more inf on your Facebook username.
    jeez, i must have been sleeping. thanks.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Works perfectly for me. Never had done this one before. Thank you very much. I'm glad this worked, I didn't want to buy Mundal for just FB since I like what webOS does with GChat, Yahoo and AIM.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    guys and girls!
    can somebody give me some advise...?
    i've searched and read everything around here but it seems that nobody got the same problem....
    i can't log into my facebook chat account...
    here is what i've done so far..
    i'm logged out at facebook on my computer..
    i've installed the facebook chat spoof patch via preware...
    updated the hosts file from .104 to .105
    (this is whats into my hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

127.0.0.1 palm-webos-device
    69.63.181.105 talk.google.com
    )
    and i've used my username from facebook and created a google talk account with username@chat.facebook.com
    used my password from the facebook login and hit "Log in"
    and it's loggin' in...and loggin' in.........and loggin' in........and doing it for ever...

what am i doin' wrong?
    it's a pretty fresh system...so there are not many other patches installed which could get in trouble with the chat spoof...
    maybe the adblock-patch, but i've deleted everything of it..
    also i noticed that, if i cancel the login and than go back to the login-screen of the googletalk-facebook account, there are just 5 points instead of some more for my password....is this right, or a bug?

i haven't read anything else which i have to do...
    Last edited by pajouh; 07/14/2010 at 02:50 PM.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by pajouh View Post
    guys and girls!
    can somebody give me some advise...?
    i've searched and read everything around here but it seems that nobody got the same problem....
    i can't log into my facebook chat account...
    here is what i've done so far..
    i'm logged out at facebook on my computer..
    i've installed the facebook chat spoof patch via preware...
    updated the hosts file from .104 to .105
    (this is whats into my hosts file:

)
    and i've used my username from facebook and created a google talk account with
    used my password from the facebook login and hit "Log in"
    and it's loggin' in...and loggin' in.........and loggin' in........and doing it for ever...
    what am i doin' wrong?
    it's a pretty fresh system...so there are not many other patches installed which could get in trouble with the chat spoof...
    maybe the adblock-patch, but i've deleted everything of it..
    also i noticed that, if i cancel the login and than go back to the login-screen of the googletalk-facebook account, there are just 5 points instead of some more for my password....is this right, or a bug?
    i haven't read anything else which i have to do...
    You aren't doing anything wrong it takes a LONG time to sync your account for the first time. It will appear as if it is just taking forever to login but it is syncing. Mine took upwards of an hour; just let it run and you will be fine. After the initial sync logging in will be almost instant.
    ooooooooooooookayyyyyyyy
    we'll see!
    mh...it's still trying to log in...2,5 hours is much longer than it should take...mh?
    i have 192 friends...that shouldn't be a factor, right?

(02:56 AM and still trying)
    Last edited by pajouh; 07/15/2010 at 01:56 AM.
    thanks for the update man, i use this patch alot!!
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by pajouh View Post
    mh...it's still trying to log in...2,5 hours is much longer than it should take...mh?
    i have 192 friends...that shouldn't be a factor, right?

(02:56 AM and still trying)
    Actually the main factor is how many friends you have; but I have upwards of 400 and it only took about an hour or two. It seems you are doing everything correctly so I don't understand why it wouldn't be working. I noticed you have a space before the talk.google.com maybe try removing the space? I don't think this would matter but it could.

Also I noticed you are not in the US. It could be that there is a different server/ip address for your country.

*Edit* Facebook chat is broken once again. Not sure on the fix.

So this time I could not login to Facebook on my Palm Pre nor Adium (via Jabber) on my Mac. Adium gets stuck during authentication while trying to login. If I set up my account as an actual Facebook account in Adium it works just fine. This leads me to believe that Facebook changed something with authentication while using Jabber. I don't know enough about this stuff to fix it but I know it's going to take more than just a Hosts file edit.
    Last edited by TheInvsbleMan; 07/18/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have had my Pre for a week. Today I discover this patch and just today it broke!
    lol... I hope it can be fix...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Any updates on a fix?
  20.    #100  
    Actually it seems the issue was on the server side. The chat is working again with no fixes needed. I think their authentication server was down or something, but it's working now.