Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Works for as well .... excellent work InvsibleMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    Works for me too. I do have two extracurricular questions on this, though.

1. Does anyone know if the garbage collection routine performed by the JsTop application have any negative effects on running facebook chat or cause it to stop communicating with the server? And what about if you set that to enable auto GC while facebook chat is installed and running?

2. What does it mean when sometimes you have a half green/half yellow indicator, but everything still appears to work? Does this mean the phone senses an intermittant issue or does this mean something else?
    1. I have had both running quite often and never once had an issue. I would say it shouldn't cause a problem.

2. I am not sure. I have never seen it like your describing, sorry.
    subed for later download
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    1. Does anyone know if the garbage collection routine performed by the JsTop application have any negative effects on running facebook chat or cause it to stop communicating with the server? And what about if you set that to enable auto GC while facebook chat is installed and running?
    I can't stress this enough, the garbage collection done by JsTop occurrs naturally, whether or not you even have JsTop. Far too many people are under the false assumption that garbage collection is something only JsTop does. The javascript garbage collector runs naturally out-of-the-box fairly regularly. JsTop's auto-GC function basically periodically checks and forces early GCing before the memory gets full to the point the system GCs by itself.

So there's no danger forcing the occasional GC It's all just memory ready to be freed, heh.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    This is great--thanks. I knew it would not be long before one of our residenr geniuses fixed it! This community is great.

Given the pending update, would it be better/safer to wait until this patch is updated in Preware before installing or is it just the same through WebOSQI?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Given the pending update, would it be better/safer to wait until this patch is updated in Preware before installing or is it just the same through WebOSQI?
    The only difference between installing is the .patch file is off-feed, rather than on a feed. This means you won't be notified of any future updates (as the .patch is not connected to any online feeds).

The actual patching process itself, however, is exactly the same. Both use AUPT, and the patch will be uninstallable through WOSQI or Preware
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    this patch works only one problem I find is that with this patch I don't get ppl name to show up as a bunch of numbers@chat.facebook.com
    the reason why I use this patch rather than the messenger patch cause I use to get the same error, now its the same with this.

help on how to fix it please...
    The same thing happened to me but my girlfriends Pre has no problem with F.B. Chat. I never messed with Quickinstall too much, followed the directions, downloaded file and installed. Phone restarted its self. Went and redid my username/password and it works great..... THANK YOU
    I installed it and it works! (Takes a while to sign in/sync the first time like when initially installed, if you wiped the previous account, so be patient). Thanks for the fix. However, I did notice one bit of weirdness.

Now when I go to compose an e-mail/select an e-mail account to send it with, in the dropdown list is "user.name@chat.facebook.com" (user.name being MY user name). It does not show up in my list of accounts in the mail e-mail app, though. Why does my Pre think this is an e-mail account? It was not like that before.

Any idea what's up with that--and how I can get rid of it?

Thanks.
    Edited the file myself (FIRST TIME WOOO) and it works great! Thanks for the fix!
    I noticed this was in Preware, so I removed the patch I installed via WebOSQI so it would be connected to the feed for future updates. In the process, it seemed to disappear from Preware. What gives? And will I have any problems with the account I spent an hour plus adding if I just re-add the patch now?
    I've got a confirmed fix. I edited the original patch myself instead of using the one at the top of this thread. Don't see that it should make a difference either way though. The patch here is exactly what it claims to be. You can trust it. Thanks to Jason Robitaille and TheInvsbleMan for their work on this!
    when is this going to be available in Preware?
    Does the method provided at the beginning of this thread work if I've never installed this patch or used google talk? I ask this, because I opened up the hosts file and did not see the google IP address. Can't wait til this is in preware
    THANK YOU....works great, appreciate the fix!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Glad I looked here. I thought that this was happening because of a recent kernel/patch update. Great work guys.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    i know someone already posted this but i didnt see an answer...Preware does anybody know when it will have the fix posted??????
    Still doesn't work for me... any ideas?

I updated through WOSQI and it still tries to connect and can't.

The downloadable patch didn't work, but manually editing it did.
    Last edited by lucallmon; 07/02/2010 at 01:27 PM.
    My facebook works fine but my wifes will not login. Is the Patch in preware going to get updated?. Or does this patch only need to be installed if yours isn't working.?
    for some reason i can't get the original patch to delete. now there seems to be two patches on my phone even though the one i want off is only 4kb. i seem to have two IM adresses for all of my contacts as well.

does anyone have any ideas on how to forcibly remove the patch?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast