Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I don't think you understand what AUPT is. It is built in to all patches that are installed in Preware and is not a separate package.
    But it still remains that the answer to the OP's question is NOT a simple yes or no.
    I do have a stupid question. I installed some patches via WebOSQuickinstall, before I had set up Preware. I see that these patches are also available thru Preware. Does it mean the WebOSQuickinstalled patches are not AUPT compliant?
    anything and everything about this device has been talked about at one time or another,everything. If some people had it there way there would never be another thread created ever again. I feel bad for the search police,,there lives must be very dull.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    I do have a stupid question. I installed some patches via WebOSQuickinstall, before I had set up Preware. I see that these patches are also available thru Preware. Does it mean the WebOSQuickinstalled patches are not AUPT compliant?
    May or may not be.

See section 8 of Warning: Action to Take Before Installing Firmware Updates .

Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    Are you done?
    Probably.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Thank you for replying with a link that the OP can use to educate himself/herself. I'm pretty sure that JGriff, if asking this question, does not know anything about AUPT and would take quite a while scraping through searches to come across it and understand that it answered the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Let me just not search
    Yes, seeing the same question in the forums over and over does get a little annoying, and I've fallen into the mindset of telling people to search as well. However, maybe the best response would be nothing at all? Or possibly posting a link to help the OP learn on their own, as pip did. Or just posting:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ted-guide.html
    A lot of people come here for the first time looking for help, and don't think twice about asking a question, since they don't know it's been discussed forever. Yes, there is forum eitquette, but not everyone is hip to the social norms of internet life. =) Help them help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JGriff View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before... but with the upcoming 1.4.5 WebOS update, is it recommended that I uninstall the patches that I have added via Preware?

Thanks.

Jim
    Quick answer...no, except for...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2539645
    Last edited by morrison0880; 07/09/2010 at 09:26 AM.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12