1.    #1  
    OK. So I got stuck with the disappearing bookmarks in the web browser this week. Since I had some free time I went and searched for the fix. Palm suggested a Full Erase from the device menu. Aside from the profile losing my apps, I obviously didn't have Preware when I got back and set up. All the patches still work, but Preware doesn't recognize. I saved everything on my usb partition and reinstalled it all to the phone and overrode all files there including the patch log.

So, I searched and tried the Emergency Patch Installer. No luck. I cannot even go through and load them from Preware. I want to get everything back but cannot seem to figure it out. Any help?
    I don't understand the reasoning behind Full Erase. It's like a weak form of the Doctor that has all the same negatives.

Doctor your phone instead of full erase for WHOEVER is reading this...

I recommend Doctoring your phone and starting over...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    full erase is for 2 use cases.

1) you want to wipe your phone before selling it on ebay. It's fast, and you can do it without a PC

2) you want to wipe out the phone AND the usb storage area in one motion. Fast, and no PC.

all others, use the doctor.
  4.    #4  
    I just wanted to avoid that...because then I have to really go and install everything again...like 40 patches. I thought the patches would come back if I kept the log, but for some reason I cannot.
    WebOS doctor does not delete the USB partition and therefore keeps the patches log.
    You should be able to use save/restore to restore all your homebrew packages in Preware. (For patches only Emergency Patch Installer MIGHT work after a partial/full erase).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  7.    #7  
    I must have done something wrong with the save/restore because nothing came back...so I got mad at myself and Doctored last night. Now I am starting over. Just a lot of patches to reload and I have to find my favorite homebrew apps again.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    I must have done something wrong with the save/restore because nothing came back...so I got mad at myself and Doctored last night. Now I am starting over. Just a lot of patches to reload and I have to find my favorite homebrew apps again.
    Not that bad if you compare this process to a year ago from now. We used to have to manually edit each file by hand for "tweaks".

When you finish loading all your patches, just remember to scroll down to "Saved Packaged List" and tap Update. When that is complete, go to the Save and Restore app, to backup the Preware settings/log.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    silly question..but did you save the "installed package list" from Preware before the doctor, and then load up that list after a restore and do a "install all"?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    WebOS doctor does not delete the USB partition and therefore keeps the patches log.
    I wrote the saved package list in preware, then I used save/restore to backup preware. Am i good to go to webdoctor? I assume it reverts to the stock pre config and all programs are gone? After, just reinstall preware, and 'install all' saved package list to get all tweak/patches back?

Secondly, are you saying that webos doctor is at a point now where it will not delete anything on the usb like files, photos, music, etc.?

THanks, after installing F105-60, I am getting reading for Webos 1.4.5. whenever that comes out, so I want to webdoctor before that, while making sure I maintain as much as possible.