1.    #1  
    anyone who can create a better spell check patch...i think the webos needs it! Thanks
    3000 auto replace words and 100 autoreplace words in preware should do the trick. Cheers!
    I wish there was a patch or an app for us to make our own, then i could set it up for MY needs and fill it with words I tend to typo and short handed words I tend to use.
    AutoCorrect Edit is the app you are seeking and it is in Preware. Don't you just love our great developers!
    *Looks like you must install via WebOS Quick Install*
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I wish there was a patch or an app for us to make our own, then i could set it up for MY needs and fill it with words I tend to typo and short handed words I tend to use.
    There is an app available to do this, Auto Correct Edit... it's $5 and you have to install via WebOS Quick Install. But if you don't want to edit the file yourself manually, it's a good option.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...it-7-28-a.html
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I'm just waiting for Internalz to let you assign how to open files...

Also, 3000 extra words is annoying because it replaced hot with got and like...it's less typo words and more "what words come more often"
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    The pre already has a built in auto correct. You can find it here and you can directly change the file. Open webosquickinstall.
    Tools > Receive file

Code:
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    Open this file in Notepad++. Make edits.
    Quick Install: Tools > Send file
    Search for the place that you saved text-edit-autoreplace
    Put it in the following folder

Code:
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/
    Then reboot your phone.

If you don't want to make your list, heres mine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    3000 auto replace words and 100 autoreplace words in preware should do the trick. Cheers!
    those suck they replace words that are spelled right
    I agree with the others... I had the 3000 word auto replace and while I like it for some things, I'd preffer REAL spell check not auto correct. I'd like a patch which works in a similar manner to the way Ms. Word, countless websites and emails work, underline incorrect words and clicking in that word gives spelling options. Also in the edit menu you can use spellcheck and it goes through all mispelled words on the app (in editable text areas.)

would really help those with pres that skip or double type letters or suck at spelling.
    I just wrote lick and it changed it to luck. I wanted to lick it not luck it....

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I just wrote lick and it changed it to luck. I wanted to lick it not luck it....
    Sounds like an inappropriate conversation
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    That's what she said!