1.    #1  
    I realize you can download some Youtube videos and save them; I had thought there was another patch that allowed downloading and saving videos from other websites as well, but since there isn't any "info" page on other websites, I can't figure out how this might work. Is the Youtube downloader only for Youtube videos? Is there any other way to download and save videos from other websites (assuming they are mp4)?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I realize you can download some Youtube videos and save them; I had thought there was another patch that allowed downloading and saving videos from other websites as well, but since there isn't any "info" page on other websites, I can't figure out how this might work. Is the Youtube downloader only for Youtube videos? Is there any other way to download and save videos from other websites (assuming they are mp4)?
    Yes,the youtube downloader only downloads youtube video. I think there is a patch in preware that can stream some videos. You might wanna check it out. Good Luck.
    multi mod patch is what you want. If you can stream something to the pre, with that patch you should get the option to either download it or stream it
  4.    #4  
    Boy, after reading about some of the problems with that patch, and given all I want is the download function and not the navigation stuff, I may pass. I am amazed that since that is a part of the patch, that someone hasn't come up with a patch just for downloading non-Youtube videos as a stand-alone.
    I've never had a problem with the multi mod patch. It adds a lot of great functionality to the browser. Don't be afraid .
    Just want to give another pat on the back to the Multi Mod patch. Works great and I use it pretty often.

nnb
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    Just want to give another pat on the back to the Multi Mod patch. Works great and I use it pretty often.

nnb
    OK....installed it, and attempted to download a video. It was downloading it, got to the end and a yellow triangle appeared with the exclamation point inside. I notice it says it downloads to a media/internal/downloads.
    That is apparently not available via USB. Where would the video show up if it were successfully downloaded? Would it be in the video app? And what would be causingit not to download completely?
    that is your usb drive if you go to usb mode you would see a download folder. It should be seen from your video app. What was the file extension of the video you downloaded?
  9.    #9  
    For some reason it didn't show up at first in the video app, but after a while it appeared. Thanks...seems to be working fine.