1.    #1  
    Hiya folks,
    we are all aware of the app catalog situation: especially at this time (50% weeks) scrolling through the "What's new" category can be a hassle due to Brighthouse Labs and AppBookStore. I don't want to discuss their right of being in the App Catalog, but wouldn't it be a viable option to not have them displayed if the user wants to? I'm thinking of a field in the "Preferences & Accounts" dialog, in which you can enter a string and if an app's developer matches that string in the feed, it will not be displayed... at least not in the "What's new" list. Searching and category browsing is probably still acceptable.

Is it possible to patch the App Catalog this way or maybe build that function into Preware?
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    There is a patch available in Prewar called "Hide App Vendors" that I believe does what your looking for. I've never installed said patch though, so I'm not completely sure what it does, but the description of it on Preware sounds like it's what you're looking for.
  3.    #3  
    D'oh! Of course. Freaking shortsighted. I forgot about its existence, because it was never necessary as long as we only had free apps here.

Update: Well, it's a start. It marks the entries in a blue very similar to the app cat background, which instantly highlights every other app. Still, having them completely removed would be nice.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    D'oh! Of course. Freaking shortsighted. I forgot about its existence, because it was never necessary as long as we only had free apps here.

Update: Well, it's a start. It marks the entries in a blue very similar to the app cat background, which instantly highlights every other app. Still, having them completely removed would be nice.
    The developer of the patch said when the patch was created that that is the best that can be done. The reason is because the feeds aren't loaded in the catalog application, but rather by a service and as such, it is very difficult to modify the data.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The developer of the patch said when the patch was created that that is the best that can be done. The reason is because the feeds aren't loaded in the catalog application, but rather by a service and as such, it is very difficult to modify the data.
    I've been thinking about this.. I wonder if you could patch in your own method to intercept the data and filter out those vendors as they come in from the service.