1.    #1  
    I know this is an old question but can anyone develop a patch so we can email and or text an IPK file to another phone so that phone can install the ipk or patch file without a computer?

And has anyone try to use quick install with several devices on the same computer? ie PRE and PIXI.

I have a PRE and PIXI and I would like to transfer some of the files to my PIXI via email or text or maybe bluetooth

Thank you
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    that would be great!!
    I would also like to install .ipk straight on the phone. I have used WOSQI on my computer to install apps and patches on my family's Pres (3 of them). If you download .ipk through the phone's web browser you can email the .ipk from the phone.
    I believe Palm broke the IPK method through email when the app catalog went out of BETA. For paid app secuirty of course. BUT you can use FileCoaster to download OTA using the IPK URL.

If you are using both phones but on the same Palm profile I think you can just sign in and it should just download all the file automatically.

But as far as just sending IPK through email, I think that is permanently broke.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I believe Palm broke the IPK method through email when the app catalog went out of BETA. For paid app secuirty of course. BUT you can use FileCoaster to download OTA using the IPK URL.

If you are using both phones but on the same Palm profile I think you can just sign in and it should just download all the file automatically.

But as far as just sending IPK through email, I think that is permanently broke.
    Side loading w/o Preware or WOSQI is extremely dangerous and most likely not be supported by any real dev.

And you CANT log in to two diff devices w/ the same Profile!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I believe if you download an ipk and then upload to multiupload.com, then email THAT link to your touchpad you can install it directly.

I've done this before.
    Preware allows you to install a package from email or web links.

http://bit.ly/phd-ac

-- Rod