1.    #1  
    Is anyone developing patches lately?
    Preware rarely shows any updates or new patches.
    Is there a more up-to-date place to check?
    a phone can only be patched but so much, what functionality are you missing?
    The developers are waiting for the 1.4.5 update before creating/updating any patches. What's the point to anything now when they just have to update the patches again.
    Waiting for the revised ubercalendar patch which seems to exist but not on Preware.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The developers are waiting for the 1.4.5 update before creating/updating any patches. What's the point to anything now when they just have to update the patches again.
    Exactly what I was going to say.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I submitted an update to one patch like a week ago, but no results so far: maybe its really the WebOS internals Team getting ready for 1.4.5
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I guess waiting for 1.4.5 and Flash has got me impatient, I want something new to play with!

Patch wish-list:
    -Swipe required for System Menu (it opens by accident much too often)
    -Emulate "Tab" (esp. in browser) & "right/left arrow" keys (esp. in text fields)
    -"Bookmark" Google map locations/routes
    -Auto-create/update browser bookmarks in launcher
    -Short-cuts in launcher from contacts (e.g., "Call So-and-So")
    -Create launcher short-cuts that can open multiple programs (e.g. VZ Navigator & GMaps together)
    -Suggestions when typing searches in browser (e.g. Google suggestions, not suggestions from History)
    -Clipboard history (probably a homebrew rather than a patch)
    -"Delete from Notification" patch fix for multiple emails (if multiple emails are waiting to be read, deleting 1 from the notification removes all notifications)
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Jason R indicated that two new patches of his were submitted to Preware (it's been over a month, now), but still not in the feed. One of them was the update for putting CPU (or battery) temp on the phone "line" in Device Menu Megamix. The other was an update of Device Temp Warnings to use the CPU temp provided by Uberkernal. I want both of these patches, but I'd like to have them installed through Preware with AUPT.
    WOSQI utilizes AUPT. When you use WOSQI for the first time after the update you will get a prompt saying you have patches on your phone that need to be updated. WOSQI won't let you do anything if you have un-updated patches. Last update I hit cancel instead of ok when this prompt came up and it closed WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I saw a few updates today, one being the Virtual Keyboard
    Our Patch Meister is MIA.

We're in the process of recruiting new ones and moving the portal to the new server.

We've offered Jason direct access to manage his patches directly with no approval steprequired.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well, at least we know what's going on. Thanks Rod.
    good to know. I have 3 patches pending for several weeks now...
    when is the 1.4.5 going to publish? i really don't know how could it be so slow. are they trying to put flash 10 inside it? i hope they can do better in missing phone calls. GPS and bluetooth seems now just some paper knife. looks good, but bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpmailer View Post
    when is the 1.4.5 going to publish? i really don't know how could it be so slow. are they trying to put flash 10 inside it? i hope they can do better in missing phone calls. GPS and bluetooth seems now just some paper knife. looks good, but bad.
    I believe it's been released to carriers already.

Your "missing phone calls" issue sounds more like a service issue...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpmailer View Post
    Just wondering who your service is with?