1.    #1  
    So I'm not the smartest when it comes to technical stuff, but I do know some stuff. But one thing I don't know is how do I check the cpu for what mhz it's running at. I have installed the Uber Kernel and govnah and have set it to the screen state. So I just wanted to know what and where do I check it.
    If you have Terminal, type in: cat /proc/cpuinfo

Also if you just installed the UberKernel, you must reboot your phone before you have all of the speed options.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    I went into terminal and typed in what you told me but I didn't see anything that said anything about mhz, and also how can I find out if the cpu is going down to 500 mhz when the screen is off?
    the speed is listed as bogoMIPS: XXX.XX that is your Mhz
    Quote Originally Posted by albion View Post
    I went into terminal and typed in what you told me but I didn't see anything that said anything about mhz, and also how can I find out if the cpu is going down to 500 mhz when the screen is off?
    Leave govnah open... polling at 1 second, turn off screen for a few seconds (even like 5 or 10 will work), then turn screen back on. you should see a change in the graph, sometimes I have even caught the display still showing the lower speed for a quick second.

Other thing you could do, turn your brightness down below 20%, turn off screen, turn back on screen. Last I read, at this time screenstate doesn't recognize brightness below 20% without some additional modifications.