1.    #1  
    I've tried to download the virtual keyboard, but it doesn't respond. It is listed as a app on my phone. When I tried to remove it, I get a message that there isn't a file. I'm new to using homebrew and patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by geddry View Post
    I've tried to download the virtual keyboard, but it doesn't respond. It is listed as a app on my phone. When I tried to remove it, I get a message that there isn't a file. I'm new to using homebrew and patches.
    Firstly how are you installing, through Preware or WebOS quick install?
    Also what webOS version are you using?
    Are you able to give the full error message that you received?
  3.    #3  
    I installed through WebOS quick install. Not sure how to tell which version. I tried to uninstall through Preware - can't see the program on the Quick Install.
    I installed through WebOS quick install. Not sure how to tell which version. I tried to uninstall through Preware - can't see the program on the Quick Install.
    You can check your webOS version in the device info app, fifth item down on first page.
    If you have it installed, it will be listed under installed packages, patches in Preware.
  5.    #5  
    WebOS 1.4.1.1. Preware has it listed as installed. The keyboard does not open when tapped. And when I try to remove it via Preware, the message says the file is missing. I'm now removing all the patches with the emergency button.
    WebOS 1.4.1.1. Preware has it listed as installed. The keyboard does not open when tapped. And when I try to remove it via Preware, the message says the file is missing. I'm now removing all the patches with the emergency button.
    Try running the VK clean up file from Preware then possibly try re-installing.
    when you install the patch make sure you wait for it to finish, it says success long before it really is finished
    Is there a way to get haptic feed back on the VK?