Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    aside from conflicting patches, is there such a thing as using too many patches? At the moment I have 46 and & I am adding a couple more today.
    I have 63.
    I have about 60 and I use themes,,,no issues. You are safe.
  4. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I read the title and jumped in to say that some patches are known to conflict, but you already know that so I'm just pointlessly posting to hear myself type.
    I currently have 50 and xanthinealkaloid has 122 patches. So, it would seem as long as you stay away from conflicts, you can add as many as you like.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    113 here and humming along nicely. No crashes, no lags
    Not really, but it increases your chances of conflicting patches, and some patches might be beta and cause some unknown issues and bugs.

Also some patches like the Facebook patch use up battery, so if you had a lot of resource heavy patches they might slow your phone down and suck your battery dry.

Most patches have no effect on speed or battery drain though, and a lot of them are bug free.

So no probably not.
    using 85 here wth no issues, and looking everyday for more patches to add...
    62 patches here Everything going great!... I'm dying for more to be added!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    66 patches, mash up of 2 themes, different kernel... phone works like a champ.

I don't think I could stand to use a stock webos phone at this point.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlsroufe View Post
    113 here and humming along nicely. No crashes, no lags
    What patches do you have installed????
    I have only 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    What patches do you have installed????
    I have only 9.
    Wow only 9...I remember when I first discovered patches....wow all I can say. I think you slowly start to discover the ones you like and the ones you don't.
    I have at least 120 or more. :-)
    I've got 83 and counting, no issues that weren't self inflicted... hehe
    STUPID QUESTION ALERT:

Will there be any conflict with patches / preware, etc. when the 1.4.5 update arrives?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    STUPID QUESTION ALERT:

Will there be any conflict with patches / preware, etc. when the 1.4.5 update arrives?
    Stupid Answer Alert:
    Of course.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    STUPID QUESTION ALERT:

The AUPT built into Preware and WebOSQuickInstall patches with prevent you from messing up your phone when the update hits (make to remove Themes though).

However, as usual, it'll be a couple of days probably before all the patches are updated and confirmed working for the new OS version, so you may not be able to reinstall all of them immediately.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    additionally, some patches don't auto update properly to the newest version of Webos and you may end up having to run EPR in order get all of your patches back (this happens for me anyway on every update. For some reason Named Pages in Launcher and Multi-scrim, to name two, as well as a couple other patches never update correctly for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    additionally, some patches don't auto update properly to the newest version of Webos and you may end up having to run EPR in order get all of your patches back (this happens for me anyway on every update. For some reason Named Pages in Launcher and Multi-scrim, to name two, as well as a couple other patches never update correctly for me).
    EPR?
    Sorry, EPR = Emergency Patch Recovery (found in Preware). EPR uninstalls all of your patches.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast