Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I've got a new Pre Plus WebOS 1.4.2. I installed the Preware installer and have the WebOSQI on my computer. I've been successful installing a couple patches, but others fail to load some "hunks" using either method.

    What am I doing wrong? Please keep in mind that I'm migrating from a Treo 680 and all this stuff is new to me!

    TIA,
    Katherine

    (PS I'm pretty sure this message doesn't mean that I'm missing out on photos of hot guys...!)
  2. #2  
    the hunks error means you are trying to install a patch that another patch has already changed a file of, or your are trying to install a patch over a patch. for example I had the more contact labels patch installed but forgot I changed the name. I made changes to the patch and tried to install and got 4 out 4 hunks error. Letting me know the patch was already installed. Sometimes it matters the order you install patches to get compatibility. What patches are you having issues with?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by koshki009 View Post
    Hi, I've got a new Pre Plus WebOS 1.4.2. I installed the Preware installer and have the WebOSQI on my computer. I've been successful installing a couple patches, but others fail to load some "hunks" using either method.

    What am I doing wrong? Please keep in mind that I'm migrating from a Treo 680 and all this stuff is new to me!

    TIA,
    Katherine

    (PS I'm pretty sure this message doesn't mean that I'm missing out on photos of hot guys...!)
    If you're able to post the ipkg log for the patch that is failing then somebody should be able to shed more light on it.
    To get the ipkg log, try installing in preware, when it fails click to see the ipkg log, now tap the top left and choose the email option, then just copy and paste it over.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    the hunks error means you are trying to install a patch that another patch has already changed a file of, or your are trying to install a patch over a patch. for example I had the more contact labels patch installed but forgot I changed the name. I made changes to the patch and tried to install and got 4 out 4 hunks error. Letting me know the patch was already installed. Sometimes it matters the order you install patches to get compatibility. What patches are you having issues with?
    I was having trouble with a couple calendar patches, that, after posting my question, I realized they are probably covered by having installed UberCalendar.

    But just now I've had trouble installing the Character Count for messages, got the same type of message. Not sure what's up with this.

    ***just checked my installed patches in Preware and discovered that these are listed, even though I got a failed install message. I rebooted through Luna and tested the counter, and it seems to be working. Total confusion!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    If you're able to post the ipkg log for the patch that is failing then somebody should be able to shed more light on it.
    To get the ipkg log, try installing in preware, when it fails click to see the ipkg log, now tap the top left and choose the email option, then just copy and paste it over.
    Thanks for this tip. I'll definitely try this if I have any more problems!
  6. #6  
    Welcome to PreCentral. I can't seem to put this phone down ever I wonder if that is why my battery life is so bad :-)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Welcome to PreCentral. I can't seem to put this phone down ever I wonder if that is why my battery life is so bad :-)
    I'm discovering I have the same problem!
  8. #8  
    +1
  9. #9  
    Same here. got to love it.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Posting Permissions