1.    #1  
    hello all,
    very new to webos and all the patches and everything. I recently bought a pixi on ebay, and idk if the hard reset didn't work or something, but all the patches that the previous owner installed were still present. After I installed preware onto the phone, there was nothing under the patches menu, so I had to reinstall and then uninstall all the ones I didn't want. Idk if it is a patch or just a bug or option, but after the screen locks up and I get a call, it says "slide up to answer" instead of the ignore/answer option I get when the phone screen is on. Any answers?
    I'm not sure if the Pixi is different, but that is what happens on the Pre. Once the screen is asleep, the only ways to answer the phone are to drag the icon up or to slide the phone open. The answer/ignore option is only available when the screen is on. You get the answer/ignore icons if the screen is in card view and you get a half screen when you are in an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by cretz42 View Post
    hello all,
    very new to webos and all the patches and everything. I recently bought a pixi on ebay, and idk if the hard reset didn't work or something, but all the patches that the previous owner installed were still present. After I installed preware onto the phone, there was nothing under the patches menu, so I had to reinstall and then uninstall all the ones I didn't want. Idk if it is a patch or just a bug or option, but after the screen locks up and I get a call, it says "slide up to answer" instead of the ignore/answer option I get when the phone screen is on. Any answers?
    BTW...if you still have some lingering patches, you should either (1) do a Doctor on the phone to totally clean it up or (2) try Jason's webOS Repair Utility ( http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html ) which will totally set all the OS files back to their original setting, basically wiping out all the existing patches. Also, just make sure you enable the "Override Compatibility" menu option so that it does in fact override those patches (if you do not enable this functionality, it may not update any files affected by patches).

I would start with the Repair Utility because that doesn't wipe your ENTIRE device back to factory settings, just the files affecting the OS (e.g. you contacts, laucher settings, calender, email, etc are all untouched by this)

good luck
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    On the Pre if the screen is off and you get a call the slide to answer comes up as well. If i want to silence the ringer or stop the vibration I can hit the power button once. If I want to ignore the call I press the power button twice. This allows you to quickly silence or ignore a call with out having to look at the screen.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    BTW...if you still have some lingering patches, you should either (1) do a Doctor on the phone to totally clean it up or (2) try Jason's webOS Repair Utility ( http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html ) which will totally set all the OS files back to their original setting, basically wiping out all the existing patches. Also, just make sure you enable the "Override Compatibility" menu option so that it does in fact override those patches (if you do not enable this functionality, it may not update any files affected by patches).

I would start with the Repair Utility because that doesn't wipe your ENTIRE device back to factory settings, just the files affecting the OS (e.g. you contacts, laucher settings, calender, email, etc are all untouched by this)

good luck
    Ok thanks for those suggestions. Since I have no idea how to use repair utility, I won't even mess with it, and actually wouldn't mind wiping the entire device. When I've tried to use webos doctor, it always got stuck on the "connect your device" screen, without the Next button available. I just tried webos doctor again and it is in full swing, so hopefully I can reset everything back to factory settings, then update the software.

Quote Originally Posted by birchasr View Post
    On the Pre if the screen is off and you get a call the slide to answer comes up as well. If i want to silence the ringer or stop the vibration I can hit the power button once. If I want to ignore the call I press the power button twice. This allows you to quickly silence or ignore a call with out having to look at the screen.
    Thanks for this tip, I'll use the power button next time.
    Does this mean that hitting the powerbutton twice ignores the call ?

Why are things like this not in the manual ? And why doesn't the ignore option come up on the locked screen.....?

I think these are very basic functional flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriq Backlund View Post
    Does this mean that hitting the powerbutton twice ignores the call ?
    Yes....and it is sent directly to voice mail.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic