Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    please could someone create a patch that will show the entire SMS message in the notification or at lease double the current amount, this will avoid the need to launch the messaging program each time we get a message.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS ONE BY REPLYING.

GET $50 FOR CREATING THIS PATCH:
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    what if it was a big pop up notification like ie a phone call, or the advanced shutdown options/settings patch. in that case, the "notification" can take up the entire screen. dont know if you would want that, but the creator of this patch could limit it to get as big as half the screen.

i think im going to start offering some donations for my patch ideas. idk, maybe i like my phone ui to be ever evolving, but i do think that we can push webos to become an even better and more comprehensive tool.

i'll offer $50 to the person who creates this patch (to view more of the im in the notification) + this reply in notification idea all in one patch. you guys should pitch in oh and it would have to be compatible with all existing patches.
    Last edited by manyh; 06/29/2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Second that! My old Treo Pro you could read the entire message notification and either: 1.save as read 2.reply. 3 dismiss without launching the messaging app.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Third that! Maybe shrink the font a little bit and/or get two lines of text into the notification banner? Seems large enough.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Wrong thread
    I dont really see the need for this lol. Even if you can see a couple more word, you'll still have to launch the app for long messages. Imagine being able to read the whole text, that would be cool, but, it just sounds like a pointless one to me. I rather just go to the app. Thats my 2 cents
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I think the idea is to be able to see a full sentence which is probably a decent percentage of the texts sent/received. As for now we can see what, 4 words?

And thanks for your opinion on whether you personally think it is needed. Not exactly the point of the great community, although inevitable with a forum, the thought is that anything that can be imagined can be packaged together to improve our device.

That being the case, keep your flame to yourself and use only the patches that you think are worthy, right? I'm willing to bet there will be more than two people to download this patch once it is ready, and I am willing to wager it will be developed...again a huge credit to the developers that put extra time into making this device as good as it has come to be

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I dont really see the need for this lol. Even if you can see a couple more word, you'll still have to launch the app for long messages. Imagine being able to read the whole text, that would be cool, but, it just sounds like a pointless one to me. I rather just go to the app. Thats my 2 cents
    I said that with the Treo Pro you can read the whole message in the notification unlike the pre where it's only the first line.
  8.    #8  
    with the current lag in opening applications this patch would be extremely helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by manyh View Post
    with the current lag in opening applications this patch would be extremely helpful!
    If you get that many text messages, then just keep the Messaging App opened all the time.

Remember, this phone can do multitasking, you can keep apps opened!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

10.    #10  
    ROB: Remember this phone has TMCAO syndrome, so this is not a complete solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by manyh View Post
    ROB: Remember this phone has TMCAO syndrome, so this is not a complete solution.
    Yeah, I guess that has to be taken into account.

But all other smartphones (include the super iPhone) just give you a beep that you have a text message.

At least with WebOS your are getting some of the text.

Now you want the whole thing? Greedy aren't we! LOL!

I guess if a developer is finds this interesting they might be able to display the complete text. It is a total of 255 characters if I'm not mistaken. That might take up at least half of the screen.

Try typing in a full text message that has the maximum amount of characters and see how much screen space that is going to take up in the notification area.

Just want everyone to know what they are asking for.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

12.    #12  
    first of all we don't need the entire message to display but enought to see what the message is about, but secondly I believe its possible to have the entire message in small carachters that won't take up much space.

also there is two notification types: one the moment you get it and second when you click the baloon you get a bigger version of the msg so even in the second baloon it would be helpfuull.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I definitely would not mind this.

manyh: F102/104 kernal.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Would it be possible for the message to scroll left to right, at least once, when you expand the notification area to show the partial message? At least that way you would be able to read the message without the notification area taking over the entire screen to show the full message. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'd like to see this. Not sure if it's feasible from a patch but it'd be cool.. Now this is overboard, but what if we could have an arrow button on each side of the full notification to scroll the text. Like..

<< [Contact] Awww snap, pick me up at >>

Lol. I was thinking of left/right swipe to scroll but then they couldn't be dismissed.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    how about if the text scrolls it's self going left so you can read the entire txt and don't really need to swipe or scroll anywhere because it does it for you if the text is long enough
    I want a reply button in the notification that turns the text into a dialog box where you can reply. And when you hit the reply button, it turns into a send button.

complicated I kno, but just tapping the text would open the app. To really multytask, I want to be able to reply without leaving the app I'm in
    yes if it just rolled through when you bring up the notification would be cool without going into App. Maybe I'm doing something else and don't want to respond just read it.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I think scrolling text would be sweetastic! But if that is beyond what can be accomplished by a patch, I think a large amount of us would be pretty happy with at least showing an entire sentence worth of text. Usually that is where you get the gist of what the response is regarding, and then if you want to do more with it, you can go to the app.

I think I would respectfully disagree with showing the entire message within the notification balloon by shrinking the font, as WM does that and it would really deplete the style of how everything else renders on WebOS, but no reason it shouldn't be developed for those who would like to use it of course!

With our having a physical keyboard, I think Patricksmangan is on to a good thought with the ability to reply by bringing up a half screen or something....very similar to how your inbound call splitscreens the current card, right? But of course the patch should not only do this for messaging, but email too! This would NOT work with a VK having to pop up, so let's take advantage of it :-)

Wow! This would be amazing, it would save me sooo much time!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast