Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Hey -- I got a new Pre and was going to overclock it like my last one...but the instructions have been removed from the forum. Or at least where they used to be: here.

Anybody know what is going on? Or where i can find the latest information?
    install preware, install both uber kernel and govnah from preware. Open govnah and select what overclocking speeds you want.
    Read the uber kernal and govnah threads for more info.
    There is also compcache and the f1 series but these are not OTA update safe like uber kernal.
    The old instructions were removed due to more advanced setup with the aforementioned uberkernel/govnah process. Search it in the forums for more detailed info on why it is better.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    step 1, open preware
    step 2, search Uber
    step 3, install the Uberkernel
    step 4, search Gov
    step 5, install the Govna patch
    step 6, profit!

there ya go. all the instructions you need
    the instructions for the first 720 overclock is are still somewhere tho right? I'll need to know what and how to uninstall when 1.4.5 comes around
    I'm with patrick. I need to uninstall the 800 mHz ipk before the 1.4.5 update but I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be and don't exactly know how to do it. Will installing the Palm Kernel patch from preware do this for me, or do I need to do it through the command line?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda3616 View Post
    I'm with patrick. I need to uninstall the 800 mHz ipk before the 1.4.5 update but I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be and don't exactly know how to do it. Will installing the Palm Kernel patch from preware do this for me, or do I need to do it through the command line?
    If you are able to find the uninstall script it is definitely better to do that, and then also possibly install and uninstall the palm recovery kernal afterwards. I think I might be able to dig up the uninstall for the 800, give me a sec.

Edit : for the 800 you could try
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/15/2010 at 09:44 AM.
    Will that work to uninstall the ipk? I can't remember what the ipk was called. I thought it was different than the original sh.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda3616 View Post
    Will that work to uninstall the ipk? I can't remember what the ipk was called. I thought it was different than the original sh.
    That is just one suggestion if you had a sh overclock patch.
    Really you need to find out what overclocking patch it was and who was maintaining it?
    I guess if you have Internalz you could go to var/home/root and see if there is a file there.
    I'm with you. I just sent a PM to the OP of that thread so that the original post be edited to at least leave manual uninstall instructions. Without uninstalling this, no other overclock kernels can be installed. I was on the same boat until i found this thread and, specifically, pip smith's response.
    You guys might also want to take note of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You also need to check your Lunasysmgr file and make sure it is the right one. Look in the UberKernel thread between pages 18, post 358 and 20, post 383 or so for info on checking and replacing the file if needed.
    Here is the uber kernel thread, page 18
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ocking-18.html