Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    swiping up from the gesture area is easy and quicker
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    advanced gestures and slide finger all the way across.
    Okay, thanks for the info...I'm gonna give it a try.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    What do y'all use to switch applications? I use the center button all the time for that...so I know I must be missing some basic WebOS knowledge...
    Swipe up from the gesture area. I NEVER use the button.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Would be kool, but would have to be a Sprint Palm Pre exclusive patch.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trax22 View Post
    Would be kool, but would have to be a Sprint Palm Pre exclusive patch.
    Well of course. The Sprint Pre is the only one with a button.
    of course, sprint gets the "concept" version and all the others get the "actual" product. no wonder sprint dropped this phone. you insult us with an 8GB version when the others get 16, and remove meaningless buttons because the mistake was caught on the sprint pre.

they could've made the center button a scroller at least
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcompg View Post
    recently got a pre... Took me 4 hrs to realize I was ready for 800 mhz and a couple days to figure out the center button = waist of space.. BUT, If it purpose was solely to wake up and turn off screen.. Then I'd love it. Otherwise I'd rather have a plus..
    Yea but imagine how much easier it would be to launch the phone app with that center button. Plus, the quick launch bar would have room for one more app. Everyone has the phone app on the quicklaunch bar. How could you not? That's the quickest way to make a call. What if there was an emergency? I'd like a hard button for phone access.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is it even a mappable button?
    Does the Pre+ have this center button you talk of.
    Sorry, the pre plus does not. Palm learned no one was using it.... BECAUSE IT'S USELESS IN IT'S PRESENT FORM. It should have launched the phone app from the beginning. Keep in mind, this is only my opinion. I love my sprint Pre.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    of course, sprint gets the "concept" version and all the others get the "actual" product. no wonder sprint dropped this phone. you insult us with an 8GB version when the others get 16, and remove meaningless buttons because the mistake was caught on the sprint pre.

they could've made the center button a scroller at least
    C'mon dude every device has a 1.0 status. It's never perfect. However, webos and it's updates has made the sprint pre better with each iteration. My 800mhz kernel is amazing, My pre is faster and the battery life has improved, no joke. Thank you homebrew community.
    what I'm saying is that this phone launches on sprint, then the other carriers get a different, "better" version. Now, with business in mind, why would you launch a weaker version with one carrier and launch a stronger version on others? It's a slap in the face if you ask me. So because I'm with sprint, I have to suffer with a softer version? Not a good look, especially when you are on a two-year contract.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12