1.    #1  
    Someone should truly look into making a patch that will extend your TEXT tone TIME, now when I get a text it only goes off for maybe 2 or 3 seconds MAX and I miss loads of texts due to this downside of texting with the Pixi.
    The phone call time is great obviously, but texting needs a LONGER ring tone when a text comes through, can someone PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE try and make one of these?????
    My cheap LG Rumor I just traded in for this phone and all my other sprint phones had tones of at least 10 seconds or so....I think a LOT of people would actually download this patch I have seen other ppl saying it is a very short notification when a texts comes through on other sites and here too I believe....
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    Someone should truly look into making a patch that will extend your TEXT tone TIME, now when I get a text it only goes off for maybe or 3 seconds MAX and I miss loads of texts due to this downside of texting with the Pixi.
    The phone call time is great obviously, but texting needs a LONGER ring tone when a text comes through, can someone PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE try and make one of these?????
    Just make a ringtone that is long!

It's easy to make a ringtone on a Pre or Pixi, just take any mp3 file and set that as a ringtone.

Rob

PS There is also a 'notification repeat for text messages'. So it will continue to remind you that you have a text message until you do something with the notification.

And here are a few ringtones I use for notifications, there is 2 for text messages.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 06/10/2010 at 10:49 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

^^ RyleyinSTL recommend option!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    Hey man, I do have exactly that I have taken songs out of my itunes and they are in my rinngtones and I use them for some individual contacts that I talk to regularly, but even from my itunes they are still only coming through as like 2 to 3 seconds of that song for each contact when I get a text....
  5.    #5  
    Oh yeah and I did see the notification for repeat, but to my knowledge that only repeats it every 2 minutes as a reminder not continuously when the original text comes in that i miss many now cuz of this SHORT songs coming through my phone (sigh)
    i wish there was a patch to stop messaging ringtones by pressing volume button or device off button. This work for in coming phone calls but not for incoming text messages (I have a 10 sec text ring)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    i wish there was a patch to stop messaging ringtones by pressing volume button or device off button. This work for in coming phone calls but not for incoming text messages (I have a 10 sec text ring)
    There is, it's call Mute, goto either email preferences or Messaging Preference and select Mute, that will turn off the sound for these notifications.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by AJ77 View Post
    Oh yeah and I did see the notification for repeat, but to my knowledge that only repeats it every 2 minutes as a reminder not continuously when the original text comes in that i miss many now cuz of this SHORT songs coming through my phone (sigh)
    OK, so I had not realized that there maybe be a time limit on the playing of a sound (either a ringtone or system tone) when being notified.

So I guess you might need to patch to lengthen the time.

Maybe ask one of the developers to find the file that sets the time limit on playing a notification.

Maybe they can look it up for you, so at least you would know which file to modify if a patch won't be made.

I hate to recommend Jason, because he is so busy, but he'd be someone to send a PM and ask the question.

Rob

UPDATE: I just took a fast look and it just might be in /etc/audio/a or /etc/audio/b!

There is a file called 'carrier.txt' that seems to have a 'wait 500' in it and that might be the time to wait until turning off playing the sound. But I seriously doubt that that is correct, since I'm not in anyway a UNIX or LINUX person. I just floated into those directories and took a look at some of the files. You can took, you can use 'Internalz' and go to those directories and open some of those files and poke around. You can't do any damage because Internalz (in it's present state) will not allow you to make any changes to these files or delete them. But it will let you open them and let you look at the contents.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

9.    #9  
    Did your phone come with 10 second text ring or did you get some patch somewhere to extend it, because I just got my pixi new from sprint last week and the text duration really is BAD on this phone.....i am assuming it is the pixi itself that it is just short on.
  10.    #10  
    I am not as good as you, I have no clue what you mean by opening up files and looking at them, do you know how to get ahold of Jason? I will surely ask him if he can develop a patch to extend time or point me in some direction...