1.    #1  
    I'd like to see a patch where the clock in the top bar is moved to the upper right corner like it is on Android. I know there is an Ultimate Top Bar Icon Mod Tool out there, but this seems a little complicated for something that should be able to be done with a patch. Also, considering that many people use the battery percentage patch, the right-side clock would probably need a bit of space to the left of it.
    Last edited by Gilligan3816; 06/08/2010 at 07:40 PM.
    Hey, I'm the designer of UTBIMT. I can make you a separate patch that only moves the clock if you'd like.

BTW, UTBIMT is a patch. It just requires you to add some files to the USB drive.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hey, I'm the designer of UTBIMT. I can make you a separate patch that only moves the clock if you'd like.
    I would sure appreciate this. I've always thought the clock would look better in the corner. Two things: 1) Can you make sure there is a bit of space to the left of the clock to allow for clarity in seeing everything? and 2) What would be the chances of seeing that patch make it's way into Preware? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I would sure appreciate this. I've always thought the clock would look better in the corner. Two things: 1) Can you make sure there is a bit of space to the left of the clock to allow for clarity in seeing everything? and 2) What would be the chances of seeing that patch make it's way into Preware? Thanks!
    Yea, I can make sure there is enough space. In this screenshot, is that enough space around the clock? The clock font in this screenshot is 18px, btw.

I can submit it to Preware as well. I've never done that before, so I'll have to see how I go about doing that lol...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5.    #5  
    Yea, I can make sure there is enough space. In this screenshot, is that enough space around the clock? The clock font in this screenshot is 18px, btw.
    Looks great...
    I can submit it to Preware as well. I've never done that before, so I'll have to see how I go about doing that lol...
    Much appreciated...
    Ok, patch is done. I'll upload it to this post in a few mins.

I just stepped outside for a smoke lol

--edit-
    Uploaded. Let me know how it works
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 06/08/2010 at 10:32 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, patch is done. I'll upload it to this post in a few mins.
    Wow - you work fast

OK, trying it now...
    Last edited by Gilligan3816; 06/08/2010 at 10:40 PM.
  8.    #8  
    I tried it twice and it said 1 of 2 hunks failed... restarting luna to see what happens.
    I tried it twice and it said 1 of 2 hunks failed... restarting luna to see what happens.
    What other patches do you have that modify the Top bar? Do you have any of the Top Bar System Menu patches installed?
  10.    #10  
    Not working -- I bet it's not compatible w/ the already-existing top-bar patches from Preware... No system-menu patches are installed but I do have Device Menu Mega Mix and the battery-icon-as-percent patches.
  11.    #11  
    OK my current top-bar patches are battery-icon-as-percent, change EV icon to 3G, device menu megamix w/ media volume, and possibly increased font size as well. I say possibly cause preware is goofing up and not showing all my installed patches...
    OK my current top-bar patches are battery-icon-as-percent, change EV icon to 3G, device menu megamix w/ media volume, and possibly increased font size as well. I say possibly cause preware is goofing up and not showing all my installed patches...
    Ok, I'll test them on my Pre to see what's up. What's the exact name of the increased font size patch you have installed?
  13.    #13  
    I believe it's top-bar-increase-font-size-17
    I believe it's top-bar-increase-font-size-17
    Ok, give me a minute as I load the patches you mentioned onto my Pre. I'll then try to install the 'Move Clock' patch I made and I'll see what happens.
    Ok, after some testing, I found the issue.

Uninstall the patch that increases the top bar font size. That's the one that is causing the conflict...

Now I need to get my Pre back to normal lol
  16.    #16  
    Okay that works great! I'm sending you $5 paypal as a thank you for your work and to encourage your continued work on your projects.

I'm also attaching a pic of what my top bar looks like currently. The top one is the current top bar. I edited what I would like it to look like, if possible, as the bottom one, and I showed the movements w/ purple space in the middle one. Basically, I would suggest lessening the space between the battery-percent and clock by about half of what it currently is, and also if it is possible moving the clock slightly down and to the left to justify it with the other icons. Otherwise I really like having the clock in the corner. Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Okay that works great! I'm sending you $5 paypal as a thank you for your work and to encourage your continued work on your projects.

I'm also attaching a pic of what my top bar looks like currently. The top one is the current top bar. I edited what I would like it to look like, if possible, as the bottom one, and I showed the movements w/ purple space in the middle one. Basically, I would suggest lessening the space between the battery-percent and clock by about half of what it currently is, and also if it is possible moving the clock slightly down and to the left to justify it with the other icons. Otherwise I really like having the clock in the corner. Thanks again!
    Thank you very much for the $5 donation! I have a donate link on the first post in my UTBIMT thread.

Yea, when I installed all that, I noticed the battery percent was oddly positioned. I'll have to install the patches again, rip systemui.css from my Pre, and see what's going on. That will have to wait for tomorrow though. It's late and I need to finish up my own little project.